Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Why does Nico have to have learnt from Button or Schumacher? He beat Schumacher from the off, he's always been good at putting in as perfect a lap as he could have plus if all his energies are focused on how to beat Hamilton rather than how to just be the fastest (I know the two may go hand in hand but he could be concentrating on his own race) then as a former karting team mate he's pretty well placed to know him.

You have to be perfect to beat Hamilton? Maybe, just maybe he has was!

Hamberg

Its called observation and conversations

Nico said Schumacher was actually very helpful in discussing things with him as teammates and he would have worked out how Schumacher operates from discussing with the engineers in the team .. he's had 3 years to learn (unlike Rubens Barrichello who did not really learn a thing in 6 years at Ferrari with Schumacher)

He obviously saw how Button managed to beat Hamilton and at least give him headaches which Lewis did not like ie see 2011

and lastly he is obviously used that anger from Malaysia to spur him on as well

I get what you're saying Il_leone but I personally think he has been overlooked or cast off as a Sunday driver when actually he has shown some brilliant performances from his Williams days (and junior formula) and so far against challenging team mates he hasn't been in the shadows. I believe there is natural talent and intelligence that he didn't necessarily need to learn from anyone recently(although I'm sure he has a bit) but the majority has probably come from himself and the fact he's grown up with racing and it's in his blood.

Another observation, there seems to be a bit too much Hamilton and Rosberg love, who is going to start a Button vs Rosberg thread?? ;)

I know Bro, it was tongue in cheek the attempts are being made regardless despite it being the Hamilton Vs Rosberg thread.

I will put my hands up, and say that I for one was not expecting Rosberg to perform this well, and I have underestimated his abilities. Lets see how well he can do, he is certainly making many people re-evaluate their opinions of him, maybe even his own team.

Well, Hamilton is well known for being able to drive around problems unlike other team mates, but when they have the car set up perfectly for their liking the skills and ability gap signficantly closes and sometimes swings the other way. He's better at driving a mutually shit car that's for sure ("for sure" I know :sick:).

Well, I guess the more objective amongst observers will come to the conclusion that this season will not provide a complete comparison, and the Lewis' has taken a more long term view of things. Next season, when the car development involves him too, then there will be a better comparison. That said, it will be interesting to see how the season develops,, and whether the car can be developed in the right direction, and to see how Nico responds to his current performance, whether he steps on or not.

I have always though Nico was good ...he always seemed to bring the car home in the points..unless he had a DNF...
Just getting on with the job...never seemed to get much TV coverage ...my equally F1 mad friend & I commented on this often..

I always argued.... when folk said he had never won a GP...that he should have been the winner Singapore 2008, when Pique put his car in the wall & his team mate won the GP.... because he had just refueled before the crash/safety car.

I think Nico & Lewis will do well together.... hopefully Ross will stay at Merc...there should be no shennanigans, just great team work.
And lets not forget Lewis only missed pole by a fag paper width (I think FB said that)....that being in sector one...S2 & S3 LH was quicker...It is looking good...they will only get better
Plus Nico has said they will always be friends.....& Lewis too
Nico has the upper hand in the team as an advantage...but all seems fair there ..so Hey....bring it on....

Back
Top Bottom