Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Racecub said this at 3:23 PM ET yesterday "Of course Hamilton's in the wrong sometimes. He made two errors in that race, so if you like he was 'wrong' twice. My point was how Hamilton viewed the two incidents."

Why you (Ras) felt you had to "dig your heels in" after that I do not know.

I'll ask again. Why is it yours (or anyone's) duty to make sure any real or perceived inaccuracy (re: Hamilton) is met with the stiffest of rebuttals? This is such a ridiculously tiny thing to get up in arms over as well.

"Nico crossed over my line" Egads!!! What a tyrant :blink:

RasputinLives where in this latest exchange have you seen blind worship without reasoning or fact? What is the 'such Force' that was used to correct you?
I'm a Hamilton fan and proud to be it, but I'm not blind to his errors and mistakes. I've said from the outset in this debate that he made errors in the Hungarian GP, it was a shocker by his standards at a track where he usually excels. No excuses there from me.
The thing I took issue with was your suggestion that Hamilton deliberately tried to blame Rosberg to cover his own error.

Your words..

'Yeah but trying to blame his team mate on the radio (over the course of 2 laps by the sounds of things) for an over adventeroys move at a place no one usually passes is not cricket. '

The only point Ive tried to make is that at the time Hamilton felt Rosberg moved twice. Thats it. And the reason I say that is because thats what Hamilton himself said. Retrospectively he may have changed that view, but at the time, that's what he thought. You may think he lied, that's your perogative. But expect such a supposition to be challenged.

But to suggest he goes in a strop and blames other people for his own errors is I think wide of the mark.

To prove an extraordinary statement you need extraordinary proof.

You are claiming that he does not throw strops and blame others for his own mistakes in response to him blaming someone else for his own mistake.

Why is it yours (or anyone's) duty to make sure any real or perceived inaccuracy (re: Hamilton) is met with the stiffest of rebuttals? This is such a ridiculously tiny thing to get up in arms over as well.

As someone who nearly put their foot through their computer screen when I used the word Martyr and Lewis Hamilton in the same sentence I thought you'd be able to answer that ;)

Its not my duty. I don't think it as such I'm just tired of everything Hamilton doing being percieved as either done with evilist of intentions or the purist or noble hearts. The guy had a grumpy on the moment strop the same as every other human being has ever done. It doesn't have to be justified and I don't have to be corrected to say it.

Why do you feel its your duty to defend Hamilton '110%' against all the haters that want to slander his name? Why is your duty to make sure any percieved inaccuracy (re: Hamilton) is met with rebuttals? I'm betting you don't you're just expressing your opinion and then got mad at someone justifying or correct something that is so small.

I also bet you get equally annoyed at being made out to be some sort of Hamilton fan boy who is blindly loyal and can't see logic. The same way I get tired of being painted as a Hamilton hater just because I say something other than 'isn't he dreamy'. I also bet you've had convos along those lines that you've decided to dig your heels in about even if it is ridiculously small.

Last edited:
To prove an extraordinary statement you need extraordinary proof.

You are claiming that he does not throw strops and blame others for his own mistakes in response to him blaming someone else for his own mistake.
No I'm not. I'm claiming that at the time he felt he'd been compromised by Rosberg and that's what led to his error and that's why he complained. He did not at that time see it as his error alone. D'you know I'm sure I've just explained that! :bored:

I'm guessing pretty much everyone is as equally bored with this conversation as I am right now.

Bottom line is that Ras and others seem entitled to some moral high ground over others who choose to celebrate Lewis' virtues and overlook his flaws. And the truth is that you're no better/worse than they are for being unable to get on with your life and just accept that this will always be the case, no matter how impassioned your efforts may be.

I think there in lies the issue KekeTheKing you think I'm suggesting my opinion is better than yours. I'm not. I'm just saying i'm entilted to it and don't appreciate being told why I have it.

I do not call anyone 'fanboy' so don't wade in with the 'its only because its Hamilton' argument thank you very much.

As you're bored of this conversation I imagine you won't reply and we can stop this and everyone (especially Brogan) will be relieved we've shut up and gone away. Maybe the vibe round here will be loved again.

*prepares rant post*

*can't be bothered*

To be honest I'm often proved wrong though. I did have a bet that he'd never win a Grand Prix and had to eat humble pie.

I'm glad you're here to constantly correct people on the inner emotions of Hamilton, how he feels and how he's misunderstood.... "his style".

I don't think that racecub is correcting people, but offering her perspective regarding Hamilton's inner feelings, which someone like myself find interesting.

Just as much as anybody else. Which is why I find it so bizarre that so many people rush in to rubbish the sentiment. They're just as guilty as feigning to know what Hamilton is thinking, otherwise how would they know the other person is wrong?

Back
Top Bottom