Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Incubus Correct someone like Hulkenberg challenges at the front and certainly wants to win rather than give way to either Merc drivers

The wet weather equalises Mercs advantage and both Button and the Red Bulls can feature more closely

throw in lottery strategy as well

The issue with it being a lottery means that it's just a likely to fall in Hamilton's favour as Rosberg's. I think he's best served doing what he's been doing and hoping for a little luck. I'm wondering, though, if he's started wondering if Hamilton really is better than him. Considering this has been his best chance of a WDC that's got to be chipping away at him, no matter how mentally strong he is.

Last edited:
TBH I think its a lot of little things; the flow of luck changes, you begin to get uncertain and tighten up instead of relaxing, Hamilton has gone the opposite way and really seems to be enjoying the run in, and at some point being a perfectionist I am sure Nico has asked himself "Did I really just mess up at Monaco or did i actually try to cheat.." Perhaps he doesn't even know himself.....but then add on the Spa debacle where (whatever the reasons for it) his (non)move certainly was ill judged and definately cost him and Merc better finishing positions and the doubts just feed upon one another.

If he can come back to the USA with a totally clear head and see the season as a three race shoot-out then he still has a chance to grab it and WIN in....but if he stays on the back foot he will lose (unless Lady Luck gifts it to him).

I find it irritating in the extreme that people know that something has not been proven or admitted but carry on spouting that something as a fact, it is not a fact that Nico deliberately parked his car in Monaco and it is not a fact that he deliberately punctured Hamilton's tyre at Spa so please be so kind as to not carry on stating these opinions as facts....

Mephistopheles Please read again what I posted:

1) "Did I really just mess up at Monaco or did i actually try to cheat.." Perhaps he doesn't even know himself ; this is NOT a statement that he deliberately parked his car.

2) his (non)move certainly was ill judged and definately cost him and Merc better finishing positions.; NO mention of intent to damage Hamiltons car or his own....simply a statement that his actions/inactions were ill-judged.

Please be so kind as to read my post before telling me what I said.

Actually Tuscan1969 I was not referring to your post it was just unfortunate that you posted above me I was just catching up on this thread and noticed that a lot of people are claiming a fact from an opinion.

Your post on the other hand did not do this and was a reasonable statement of the situation I am sorry that you thought my comments were directed at you.

Last edited:
so Monaco potentially was a 14pt swing between Rosberg and Hamilton and there are suspicions that Rosberg did it deliberately to halt Hamilton's momentum

a second time that Nico does it aint going to fool anyone

No it is not proven facts but if Monaco proves to be the decisive moment in the championship battle it will be to absolute disgust to everyone except Rosberg and parts of Germany

Two points,

1) Rosberg did nothing wrong in Monaco.

2) A season is not decided by one factor, who's to say it wasn't Hamilton's mechanical issues, mis-timed qually lap or DNF in Spa, Rosberg's mistakes at Monza, The wheel failure in Singapore.

You can't pick out one incident in a season of many and say that was the decisive factor. That would only work if it was the only incident.

1) Rosberg was deemed to have done nothing wrong in Monaco but there are even greater suspicions that it was no accident
2) Off course there are many incidents over the season but Monaco stands out as the most controversial

If the WDC goes down to the last race and one of the drivers DNF's and the other driver wins due to double points then that will be the one and only disgrace to this championship in my book, I couldn't give a shit about what happened at Monaco or Spa or Singapore or Silverstone or Australia or any the other other so called fair not fair incidents that crap happens every season and is to be expected but Abu Dhabi is a nightmare waiting to happen and is just plain wrong...

but Abu Dhabi is a nightmare waiting to happen and is just plain wrong...
I suspect this season will have to be sacrificed. If the result of this Championship isn't significantly and adversely affected by events in Abu Dhabi we will be stuck with the double points for years to come. This season is heading for a catastrophic injustice and if by some quirk of fate it doesn't happen, we will be stuck with a decade of Championship deciders from Hell.

That's the rules of the game. Every Saturday on Rugby and Football fields up and down the country, Ref's make mistakes, miss things or generally make the wrong call. It happens.

As big a pain in the bum as it is, there isn't anything we can do about it. Not guilty was the verdict and so it stands.

Back
Top Bottom