Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

Hamberg ...... Mathematically thats possible but only if both Mercedes have a massive failure. Ricciardo is not going to win two of the last three races and podium the third, he simply can't do based on the laws of probability, with or without double points. :snacks:

Jos the Boss ...... It's a shame he hasn't done better then. Yes there are the other 18 races but he's only won four to Lewis's nine. The strength of his second position has come his nine 2nd's and of course Lewis's three retirements, One more than Rosberg has suffered which penalised Lewis 25 points after race one. Lewis is the driver that deserves this Championship no matter how you measure it and as the only season that's had double points it would become the year everyone would forget very quickly which would be very sad for F1, especially for Hamilton after the stunning drives he's put in, some of them have been career shaping.

Just takes a DNF for Lewis in Austin and Nico's back ahead. With Mercs reliability that's very much a possibility.
I don't think there's to much wrong with Mercedes reliability. Four teams, eight cars 16 GP's equates to 128 GP starts for Mercedes powered cars with 14 retirements, not all of those are due to engine failure. Thats not bad reliability, considering the newness of the technology.
Less than an 11% failure rate.

Either the internet is down or as its Saturday evening everyone has nipped out for a pint, I'm shocked there hasn't been two pages of speculation about who wrecked Hamilton's brakes.

LOL

Last edited:
Rosberg had brake issues in FP3 which left him 9 tenths behind Hamilton and then there was a role reversal in qualifying which left Hamilton behind Rosberg (and may continue to cause issues in the race). Nico absolutely nailed every lap though.

Why did Hamilton not to try second attempt in the Q2?
May be he saved soft tyre for race start?
In the any case race will be interesting.
Not same as 2013 race

No they were soft which as far as I know are flat spotted but they may be able to buff that out or if they can prove that the tyres are dangerous he may be allowed to use a different set of the same compound if he has any..

After Maldonado turned up in P4 on soft tyres in Q1 everyone was potentially at risk. Rosberg went back out too, although he ultimately didn't need to complete a flying lap.

Yep, Race pace is what matters and he's got it. It always looks to me that Rosberg looks more comfortable in second when he's got someone in front to measure himself against. Bizarre isn't it?

Rosberg had a couple of tank slappers early on.

Yep, Race pace is what matters and he's got it. It always looks to me that Rosberg looks more comfortable in second when he's got someone in front to measure himself against. Bizarre isn't it?

Rosberg had a couple of tank slappers early on.
My main competition in karting is this way. When he's in front of me, he makes plenty of mistakes but once I pass him, he's quicker and more consistent.

Back
Top Bottom