Michael Schumacher

The Vettel thread surprised me as such that when I searched for a Schumacher thread, I could not find one. So I propose this thread for Schumacher because regardless of your opinion whether his return is succesful or not, I think we can all agree that there's always something to talk about whether he's had a good or bad race.
Historical Discussion may be allowed on the thread as long as it's on topic.
Enjoy! :)

Michael Schumacher will be racing in his 300th race at Spa on the 2nd of September. Only the second man to have ever broken into the 300's (Rubens is the other oneā€¦ but you knew that) I have never been a big fan of Schumy but I have to say big respect to him for such a mile stone. Fingers crossed he can have a good race.

Spa 2010 was recorded as Ruben's 300th GP. He clocked up 322 starts out of 326 entries. The disputed 300th GP seems to be around the issue of the 1994 Imola GP.

Williams' website says here http://www.williamsf1.com/news/view/1513 :

"Technically, this weekendā€™s race is Rubensā€™ 301st appearance at a grand prix, but he doesnā€™t include the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix in his count. He didnā€™t qualify at Imola ā€™94 because he fractured his arm and broke his nose in a hefty accident during Friday practice."​
Many people in the run up to Hungary 2010 said he should be celebrating his 300th there but considering thhe events at Imola in '94 I'm not surprised he wants to place that weekend further back in his mind.

Anyway, back to Michael ... I too hope he has a race worthy of celebration, if only for the nice addition to the history books.

So who is going to do the mammoth task of listing every entry against every start to give us the definitive stat's?:whistle:
Whomsoever that may be will surely deserve a special Clip award. Oh, and it won't be me LOL

I'm interested to hear whether there was some sort of car problem going on, or maybe simply a lack of tyre/brake temperature. If there wasn't it was a very clumsy mistake, which is a shame.

It was very gentlemanly between him and Vergne wasn't it. However, I would argue that the only current drivers that would consider having an argument with Schumacher are Alonso and Raikkonen, who have fought tooth and nail for championships with him in the past. For everyone else I think Schumacher is too much of an F1 icon to consider getting on the wrong side of him.

Schumie said he was having problems slowing it down in the corners before after restart so it seems to suggest it was. The "what happened there?" message on the radio seems to suggest Merc had no clue on the pit wall though.

Back
Top Bottom