Michael Schumacher

The Vettel thread surprised me as such that when I searched for a Schumacher thread, I could not find one. So I propose this thread for Schumacher because regardless of your opinion whether his return is succesful or not, I think we can all agree that there's always something to talk about whether he's had a good or bad race.
Historical Discussion may be allowed on the thread as long as it's on topic.
Enjoy! :)

Did Mercedes say there was a mechanical issue leading to his wreck?

Schumacher's first reaction was to extend his arm and shake his fist as if to say "What are YOU doing???"

Tough call for RB to be so open about Schumie's situation. Can't be good for a man of Schumie's history to know that he's only the second choice for that seat and if Hamilton opts for Merc he's out on his ear.

Maybe Schumi has expressed an interest in retiring but has agreed to stay on until they sign another driver to replace him? He knows he is not the best right now, he has admitted at times struggling with the physical demands of F1 (did so while trying to get fit for his comeback) and maybe he wants to go back to the days when he could eat his curry and enjoy it not having to think about having to burn it all off the next day...

Schumachers manager apparently had a long sit down with Sauber during the Singers weekend

"There is another scenario though: that Schumacher does something left-field and tries to find a seat elsewhere if Mercedes do not want him. Was that why his manager Sabine Kehm so publicly sat down for a lengthy chat with Sauber chiefs Monisha Kaltenborn and Peter Sauber in Singapore last weekend?"

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/4820/the-key-to-unlocking-the-2012-driver-market/

Maybe.

Or, as I've suspected he always might, is Schumacher negociating a possible buy in/buy out of Sauber. We all know Peter Sauber is wanting to retired who's more experienced in F1 to run a team than Schumie?

He need look no further than Alain Prost... :whistle:

He would be mad to buy out / buy in to a team... he has the lifetime paddock access badge...

If it were me, I would take the Lauda route ... floating around... a bit of consulting here and there... nothing too taxing...

Schumachers manager apparently had a long sit down with Sauber during the Singers weekend

"There is another scenario though: that Schumacher does something left-field and tries to find a seat elsewhere if Mercedes do not want him. Was that why his manager Sabine Kehm so publicly sat down for a lengthy chat with Sauber chiefs Monisha Kaltenborn and Peter Sauber in Singapore last weekend?"

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/feature/4820/the-key-to-unlocking-the-2012-driver-market/

Personally i think he should retire or go to specsavers.

Back
Top Bottom