Michael Schumacher

The Vettel thread surprised me as such that when I searched for a Schumacher thread, I could not find one. So I propose this thread for Schumacher because regardless of your opinion whether his return is succesful or not, I think we can all agree that there's always something to talk about whether he's had a good or bad race.
Historical Discussion may be allowed on the thread as long as it's on topic.
Enjoy! :)

I don't think he could have held off the Mclaren and the Red Bulls. I think he'd have been in front of Alonso and maybe on the back of Webber but I think a podium was pushing it.

I'm waiting for the first conspiracy theory as to why Schumacher looks so much faster than Rosberg this year

Already Schumacher has said he is having to do less steering input than last year's car
Anyone think the car is a bit more oversteer bias then understeer?

that is what Schumi is saying he is not having to work as hard at the wheel than last year but I think like last year Mercedes aero weakness will be compensated at circuits where straightline speed will help signficantly ie China, Monza and Spa will be their best races

I'm waiting for the first conspiracy theory as to why Schumacher looks so much faster than Rosberg this year

I think I see more invitations for conspiracy theories than the theories themselves. The changes to the regulations regarding the EBD are going to mix things up a bit. I'm sure that the cars will move away from some drivers and towards others. Having said that, as the teams regain the downforce through the season and as drivers adapt, it will prove to be temporary.

Mercedes actually missed a trick on the EBD's and ended up in no man's land last year. They lost out and could not recover the gap

Their big problem is the cars are still destroying the tyres too quickly like last year although their speed is impressive due to its ability to generate heat quickly

there is murmurs about the F Duct assisted DRS which makes them fast in a straightline but really does not compensate for their poorer aero

As I said I think Mercedes like last year will be stronger on tracks with a lot of long straights - China, Spa and Monza springs to mind

Scumacher was very unlucky at Aus. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but it would have been nice to see what he could have done. I dont think he is near his absolute best but he was extremely impressive in quali which bodes well for Merc, he probably has lost some of his old magic but i still feel he can compete at the top level

If Merc get their car sorted, I'd back him to win over Rosberg any day of the week. Rosberg is turning out to be not so good in comparison to the top drivers, similar to Heidfield but has the knack of going backwards rather then forwards in races.

Scumacher was very unlucky at Aus. I'm not his biggest fan by any means but it would have been nice to see what he could have done. I dont think he is near his absolute best but he was extremely impressive in quali which bodes well for Merc, he probably has lost some of his old magic but i still feel he can compete at the top level

But we got an idea of what he can do on Sunday. He completed 10 laps. His fastest lap was 1 min 34.021 secs on lap 4. Button's slowest in the first 10 laps was 1 min 33.767 secs. The new duct only works when the DRS does, so it gives a good boost during qualy but none in the race unless the drivers get within 1 second of another driver in the DRS zone. Schumacher never managed that. So it looks like a year of great qualifying but slipping down the field during the race.

Well can we back mercedes for a win at Monza, Spa and a good result at china? Cus if it's good qually then surely they will do well at China and maybe Sepang?
They did say that the extra top speed allowed them to run more downforce so that may have slowed them down?

Back
Top Bottom