Kevin Magnussen

The son of former McLaren Formula One driver Jan Magnussen makes his Formula One debut in the 2014 season. He started his racing career in karting and quickly moved onto more powerful single seaters.
After early success in Danish Formula Ford he was soon competing and winning in Formula Renault 2.0 and Formula 3 before competing in the Formula Renualt 3.5 series and winning the championship in his second year.

As a product of the same driver development program that brought us Lewis Hamilton as well as a strong racing pedigree, Magnussen has become accustomed to winning at all levels of the junior motorsport ranks and will want to continue his success when he makes his debut in March.

Do we have proof Perez was offered a contract by Whitmarsh? Mclaren have never confirmed that.

Even if they did there still isn't proof that Ron was the one who pulled the plug. Whitmarsh was in charge at the time so its logical to me he made the decision and I find it very odd that Ron has only decided to tell us all how it was magically his call AFTER Kmag had a succesful debut.

No, but Perez confirmed it publicly (someone on this forum even linked an article somewhere). I wouldn't do that if it weren't the case.
Why should McLaren confirm it, it would impair their reputation.

Was Whitmarsh in charge? Can you prove that. Behind the scenes it may have all looked different, his status in public may have only had representative character by then.

Last edited:
And you don't think Perez has any reason at all to say that? Hmmm.

Silly argument. No one knows the insides and outsides. I just think Ron's sudden revelation is rather timely and smells of horse poo.

*sigh*

You like to have the last word don't you?

I'm being cynical about what I'm reading and hearing in the media. If you want to interpret that as me calling people liars then you can do that.

Thank you for calling me brave. It was what I was going for.

Is that the right article? I don't see any mention of KMag.

I know what Ron's saying. I'm just cynical about the timing of this announcement

(Or I'm being brave and calling people liars if thats your take)

When I was asking for proof, it was rhetorical.

We won't ever know who hired Perez or Kmag, that's the way of F1.

BTW, I still hold on my take of Martin though!

That's exactly how I feel about the subject teabagyokel I've never known a TP go out of his way like that to make sure a sacked driver got a drive with a new team unless he happened to the drivers manager as well, so this suggests that MW did not want Perez to go but he had no say in the matter because His Ronness had already made the decision to hire KMag but I suppose the more cynical of you will say that they should have got rid of Jenson instead and saved themselves a few bob...

Last edited:
You know what I think? I'm gonna take credit for signing KMag.

I wrote an article on here called 'Mclaren to promote from within?' suggesting he'd get the seat months before it was announced he would so therefore I think they read it and decided I was right.

RasputinLives F1 team principle genius.

Come to think of it I think I'll take credit for Bottas, Bianchi and Kvyat too.

Now wheres the press for me to start crowing about it too....

Last edited:
What we know or have been told by Perez, Whitmarsh and Ron:
- Whitmarsh brought KMag into the YDP
- Whitmarsh signed Perez
- Perez had a prepared signed and returned contract for this season
- Nobody from McLaren signed and subsequently ripped it up heavily suggesting an intervention from an unscrupulous person
- Whitmarsh tries to get Perez a new deal
- KMag is signed
- Whitmarsh is gone
- Ron waits to see if he's any good before confirming it was him, he did it

That all points towards Whitmarsh preparing Perez for season two and someone with more power aka Ron stepping in to pull the plug and sign KMag.

In which case nobody has lied, Ron treated Perez appallingly and Whitmarsh can take the credit for finding KMag.

Picture of Kmag and his dad who is balancing a hamster on his head.

screenshot.29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom