Jenson, Lewis and Tyres - A theory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you expected when putting Jenson and Lewis in the title! should have just called it tyre theory

In an attempt to get this back on track somewhat, I will offer my completely uneducated thoughts.

Looking at the 2011 tyre wear analysis, what kind of caught my attention was that on the circuits with a lot of hard braking zones, such as Monaco, Valencia and Singapore, Hamilton's tyre wear was significantly higher than Button's. On the circuits with fast corners such as Australia, their tyre wear is pretty similar and in some cases Hamilton's wear is actually lower than Button's.
So I think that Hamilton's aggressive driving style only really affects the tyres on some tracks (where you really need to attack the braking zones) but for others it doesn't make much of a difference. This seems to somewhat support your theory, doesn't it?

In an attempt to get this back on track somewhat, I will offer my completely uneducated thoughts.

Looking at the 2011 tyre wear analysis, what kind of caught my attention was that on the circuits with a lot of hard braking zones, such as Monaco, Valencia and Singapore, Hamilton's tyre wear was significantly higher than Button's. On the circuits with fast corners such as Australia, their tyre wear is pretty similar and in some cases Hamilton's wear is actually lower than Button's.
So I think that Hamilton's aggressive driving style only really affects the tyres on some tracks (where you really need to attack the braking zones) but for others it doesn't make much of a difference. This seems to somewhat support your theory, doesn't it?

I love uneducated thoughts. ROFL Sorry Josh, ignore me, I'm actually asleep. :sleeping:

Apologies Ninja, just one last reply before I head over to the new thread to lend my voice LOL

Yours isn't based on facts because Jenson was faster for 38 of the 58 laps not just the first 8 or 9 - and was much faster at the end of the GP than he was anyways - meaning the heavy fuel stuff is nonsense. Manipulating the facts to fit your own theory means it might as well be personel observation.

My point about the discussion was that when Lewis beats Jenson their is not a three day investigation into the cause of it.

I am confused, am I using facts or not? You say it's not based on facts because Jenson was faster for 38 laps? But you admit he was faster for the entire first 8 laps so it is a fact, then you proceed to say that I am manipulating the facts to support my theory :thinking:

If Lewis had been underfueled then he would have been slower during the first 8 laps, if they were both told to use exactly the same engine mode and save fuel at the same time for the rest of the race then the weight difference would have been maintained till the end if the race. therefore if Lewis had say 10 k more fuel in the car at the end of the race that would practically cement my theory as what happened

Alas, I am not privy to that fact and so if you will allow it I will continue to speculate and consider my theory, maybe on a thread concerning Lewis or maybe just in front of the bathroom mirror

(please mods move this to the new thread if it's appropriate)

This thread is dead,

For those reporting the posts asking them to be moved to the new thread, it's not possible as the start date of the new thread is later than the posts which have been asked to be moved and posts are sorted in date order.

So the only option would be to cull every off topic post from this thread.

Feel free to start another thread on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom