Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamberg obviously Lewis is a great driver and nobody can deny that, but sometimes he lets his emotions get in the way of being the best he can be, as Sir Stirling Moss once said Lewis is a great driver but Jenson has got it up there, he pointed to his head at that point....

I don't think any of us are in a position to say that Moss doesn't know what he is talking about...

Hmmm... Don't like Mr Moss, tried to belittle every driver after him.

I would point out that Stiling Moss is a motorsport legend, however, it is still his opinion, rather than hard fact, and I am sure that there are other motorsport legends who would have a different opinion.

The Pits all I'm saying is that a driver of Moss's calibre has a greater insight than we do, also there are twenty four drivers on the grid and not a single one of them is perfect they all have faults they all have different ways of applying their craft and they all have different personalties, some people like this driver or that driver and for a multitude of reasons, who people support is there own business, and makes absolutely no odds to me..

Where possible I try to apply a modicum of logic to an argument without getting emotionally involved but I can only say things as I see them and the last thing I would ever do is cast aspersions on a great man like Sir Stirling, and I hope that others wouldn't either....

Hmmm, by the fact you've brought Moss into this suggests I've probably missed a vital chunk of a conversation somewhere...

When Button went into the back of NK I was immediately cursing Hamilton for doing it again, I nearly fell of my chair when I realised it was Button. So yes agree with you meph, and as a Rosberg fan that especially during his Williams days was quite vocal that finishing consistently with good points over a win/dnf is often as important. Hamilton and Button last year demonstrated this beautifully.

What has been apparently twisted into a Button bashing session by moi is in fact me reviewing his wins from non pole and realising there were mostly extreme circumstances and therefore to say he has 'superb' racecraft is in fact not my interpretation. If he consistently does it in the dry where the front runners all finish then I'll happily revisit it, as I've done with my opinion of Vettel. At the moment, he's pretty good, superb is yet to be proven.

My latest reference back at the artist regarding it being an attempt to belittle Hamilton is to demonstrate how easy it is to twist things.

My final point, Alonso epitomises great racecraft and I've yet to see anyone on the current grid come close. He is 'superb'.

Disclaimer: all my personal opinion and not Button bashing

I'll defer to most of that Hamberg :)

But I honestly can't agree that Moss is arrogant (You never said that I know.) any man that would give the only title he was likely to win in favour of a fellow competitor (Mike Hawthorn.) is far from arrogant, and when a man falls down a lift shaft and breaks both his ankles at the age of 80 odd and calls it, a bit of a shunt. is a real man and one hard ass son of a bitch.....

So by "holding his own" and "matching" Hamilton making them "solid equals", Button is the "big winner"?

Surely if they were evenly matched it's a draw and neither one is the winner?

:s

I know Davidson doesn't like Hamilton but still, his conclusion doesn't match his statements.

I wouldn't say that Brogan I've always known Button is a great driver and matching Lewis just confirms it, I think the article, like most of them is misleading, the only thing I can conclude from him being team mates with Lewis is that he did not disappoint me and just maybe made others sit up and realize he isn't a journey man, he is the real deal, right up there with the best of them....

Maybe even in the not to be mentioned top three.....;)

If Hamilton beat him in the first season and is beating him in the third season, they are matched how?

Isn't life just wonderful when everyone sees things from a different point of view...:heart: without this simple fact I would have thrown myself off of something very high a very long time ago.....:)

Edit

Hamberg why haven't you wished me a happy birthday...? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom