Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being honest this entire argument is pointless anyway- the point I was trying to make is that riskitall was being disingenuous by saying that button had retired 1ce compared with hamilton's 3... Can you at least agree to this?

Silly argument!

The Artist..... is right. By classified, I think he means classified finish. If he retired after 90% of the race and the final result was in the points he would receive those points.

All seems pretty obvious to me.

I hate to belabour the point but he is not right.

Hamilton has three retirements against his race results so far this season, Button has two.
That is not necessarily the same number of races they have failed to finish, which is a DNF.
Nor is it the same as being classified NC due to being too many laps behind the winner.

It is an important distinction as failing to finish a race but still being classified in 18th place will be included in countback in the event of a points draw.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter. Feel free to disagree.

Why do they have to make it so confusing? Why can't all drivers who fail to finish get classified in the position they retire at.

Don't know why I got involved in this. Perhaps I thought I could help put an end to it. I still think your argument has been a bit of a wriggle, Brogan. If you had made it clear then you wouldn't have had to keep re-clarifying your point and you have definitely said a few things that in thier written word have been incorrect. Oh well, I'll leave you guys to it. I'm off to the pub.

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we seem to straying off topic here. So nice to see, to see you nice, here's my advice, let's stick to Jenson versus Lewis and I can't think of a rhyme.

Cheers

FB

i think lewis has been alot better despite the points difference.for most of the season he's looked alot more likely to win the championship.i think the person who wins it now will end up getting the most poles.this is why poles are so important.jenson has 1 in 3 years.lewis has 5 already this season.
but i think whatever happens now might be irrelevant.i mean,apparently mclaren have now turned thier back on lewis.he's on his own now.so i expect the final races to be bad ones for lewis.

If poles are so important why hasn't Lewis won more races than Button in the last three years after all Jenson has only had one pole as you say, in fact your post contradicts itself. It just goes to prove that the race is not won on a Saturday.....
He has, 9 wins to 7.

Pole may not be all important for the race, but it's generally an indication of the fastest car driver combination for that Grand Prix Weekend. I imagine over 50% of races ever have been won from pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom