Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive just been looking at the stats and i didnt realize jenson had only 1 retirement and lewis 3,this explains why they are so close on points this season.then theres the underfueling incident which i believe cost lewis a win,and lewis has 5 poles to jensons 1.
really it hasnt been close this season when you look at things more closely.last season jenson deservably beat lewis,but did he beat lewis because he's a better driver,or because lewis completely lost the plot in monaco.jenson is a good driver,but he cannot beat a focused lewis over a season.lewis has had a few outbursts this season,but he hasnt lost his mind like last season.he has stayed focused and driven really well.shame he hasnt had the same combination of good and bad luck which both vettel and alonso have had,he's just had bad luck.
anyway im really looking forward to seeing how well mclaren do with jenson and no lewis.and how well mercedes do with lewis.

Lewis also had a puncture, a Maldonado, a Grosjean and an AWOL rear wheel man to hamper his cause. last year Lewis seemed to lose the plot after Canada and quali fiascos, frustration then set in.
but next year is mouth wateringly good to think about.....when's the first race? :D

No. Im not expecting wins next year. it's not just about wins for me. but I do hope to see Lewis extracting every ounce out of the Mercedes. and I hope to see him enthusiastic about the challenge ahead. that said both the Mercedes and Lewis out qualified next years McLaren line up today.

Button did retire in Bahrain and Monaco but was still classified, having covered the required 90 per cent race distance.

I suppose we should ignore the amount of points Jenson lost mid season due to set up and car problems (The so called slump.) then because if we don't he would be ahead of Lewis wouldn't he?

Why do people keep plucking random data out of the air to prove something they want to believe in I.e Jenson is close to Lewis on points but only because of this or because of that, and yet they discount the fact that they have been team mates for three years and are still very close on points, race wins and fastest laps, even though Lewis is the better qualifier.

Exactly what is it you are so desperately trying to convince yourselves and others of? It just sounds like clutching at straws to me....

Why do people keep plucking random data out of the air to prove something they want to believe in I.e Jenson is close to Lewis on points but only because of this or because of that, and yet they discount the fact that they have been team mates for three years and are still very close on points, race wins and fastest laps, even though Lewis is the better qualifier.

Exactly what is it you are so desperately trying to convince yourselves and others of? It just sounds like clutching at straws to me....

For the sake of discussion....If Vettel left Red Bull, and both Hamilton and Button were availabe. Who do you think that Helmut Markos of Red Bull would pick, if he had a choce between the two? Mind you, Markos has said the following about Lewis towards the end of the 2011 season:

1. After Lewis's 2011 win at Abu Dhabi Markos said....." He would have liked Lewis Hamilton to stay off form, and when he is back to 100 per cent, Mr. Hamilton is a dangerous opponent,"

2. " Hamilton's retun to form makes him a threat to Red Bull for victories."

3. " Lewis Hamilton is a topic for the team to consider for next season" and " with his aggression and his speed, Hamilton must always be a topic. Our philosophy is to have the quickest drivers together in our team."

I maybe wrong, but I've yet to see any comments like that, being made by Markos regarding Jenson.

Lewis I believe would be Markos choice, if he had a pick between the two.

A slump between car and driver not just driver but whatever the reason he still lost points because of it, one things for certain he didn't just forget how to drive...

"Lewis' exit gets messier still. Reports this morn that he tried to take his engineers bowling in Japan. They went for a run with JB instead" It's going to be a fun end of the season

Lewis invited them out but they'd already accepted an invitation to go for a charity run with JB. I don't see the big deal.

‘I am sure at one stage I will be back at the factory,’ he explained. ‘A lot of drivers have come and gone — just left. But I have a good relationship with these people. I did my work experience here when I was at school. I saw all the different areas and workshops. I made some gears and a wishbone. I met a lot of people who are still there today.’

MCLS. maybe what some of us have been saying for quite some time is now becoming clear to all. with Hamilton leaving, no need to pretend anymore.

Brogan
Just because a car is classified doesn't mean they didn't retire! A car retires if it stops before it sees the chequered flag, but will still be classified! Official results often have an asterisk next to cars who retire but are still classified! If you claim that a driver has only failed to finish once, when they have stopped in 3 races is disingenuous... However, now both Hamilton and Button have retired 4 times!

Brogan
In this case you're actually wrong.

The official results for Bahrain (as listed on the OFFICIAL f1 site) list Jenson Button as retiring with differential failure
The official results for Monaco show JB retiring with Accident damage

(just as the German GP shows Hamilton retiring with puncture damage).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom