Poll How many races will Mercedes win in 2013?

How many races will Mercedes win in 2013?

Votes: 10 22.2%

Votes: 15 33.3%

Votes: 12 26.7%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• >10

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Safe to say Mercedes have exceeded expectations. Three wins under their belt and currently second in the Constructor's Championship is certainly a marked improvement over last season, particularly the latter end to it. They've even managed to develop the car into the middle of the season, let's see if they can keep it up, or even improve!

I think I had 2 down maybe 3

If they can find something to keep the tyre temperature under the control they could seriously trouble Red Bull on every remaining circuit except probably Singapore although Lewis does like the track

At this moment in time I content to stand by what I said on the 20th of December 2012.
:snacks::friends::clip::cheers::popcorn:

OK it's a fair cop! It was me. :whistle:

Before you suggest I have lost my marbles or am showing an unfeasibly wild level of Hamilton fandom, hear me out.

In 2008 no one on the planet let alone those who followed F1 avidly would have imagined that a management team would buy Honda for a pound and go on to win the 2009 World Championship. Never ever underestimate Ross Brawn, when he says he has restructured and put everything in place for a Championship contending team he very probably has. Despite his assurances that his targets are modest for 2013 he can not possibly have factored in the intense and pathological rivalry that will ensue from teaming Lewis and Nico again! :snacks::friends::clip::cheers::popcorn:

The force is strong with you snowy :thumbsup:

It looked like Lewis had made such a rash move at the time. I voted 1 (a wet race was the thinking, the great car leveller). I won't mention what the team he left behind has achieved...

I went for 2 and I've fallen down becuse I didn't expect Rosberg to get any and Lewis to get 2. The later could still happen.

Who the hell said more than 10?

Edit: well I have just seen that Lewis Hamilton has said that he thinks (confused yet?) his Mercedes can win every remaining race. That would be something.

Last edited:
Asked about his title chances, Hamilton said: "It's too early [to talk about it] at the moment. [But] of course it's definitely in the back of my mind." He added that he felt he had a car that was quick enough to win every one of the remaining races.
"I truly believe in this car. It feels awesome," he said.
Not quite the same thing as saying he thought he would win every race, but hey! Stranger things have happened at sea.

It's the difference between saying Mercedes are capable of winning any given race, and that Hamilton will dominate to a preposterous degree by winning the whole lot.

Bit of a Williams 1979, Ferrari 2006, Red Bull 2009 second-half chase feel to it; it takes a lot for that to happen...

And he's up against the expert!

a few questions about Mercedes

a)Was it just timing like Lotus getting a while to get things sorted ?

b) Is it because Norbert not there anymore and it appears Ross has got more autonomy to manage

c) Schumacher factor - was he a handicap to the team ?

Back
Top Bottom