Felipe Massa

Brilliant driver on his day but is he championship material?

In 2008 he proved he was but thats only one occassion, plus that season the Ferrari TBH was a bit quicker and won more races that season. In 2009 he nearly suffered a career ending head-injury and since coming to back to the grid he hasn't really shown that promise he did in 2008.

Don't get me wrong he's a driver i very much like, but i do wonder if he'll be a title challenger again for Ferrari season in season out or if he'll stay at Ferrari much longer?

Whats your thoughts on Massa?

Ferrari's The Horse Whisperer: "Much Ado About Nothing".

Best for Felipe' to drive on and put the past behind him.

Hopefully he can get it right and out-qualify Nando on Saturday.

Massa has now come out on his Ferrari blog and said this;

"Apart from the fact that I don't recall what Rob said, I don't think there's any value in stirring up trouble now and trying to link this with the subsequent contact with Hamilton: they are two separate moments and they have nothing to do with each other.

"I'm sure that Lewis and I will find a way to clear this up and put a lid on this story, as is only correct between two drivers. What happens on the track should remain on the track."

What happens on track now stays on track mate?

Oh dear, might as well have kept quiet, it makes him look even worse IMHO

If I was a team boss I would be embarassed to hire him even as a number two

Oh dear, might as well have kept quiet, it makes him look even worse IMHO

If I was a team boss I would be ashamed to hire him even as a number two

CF6, I think he had a think about it and, so, you have to let it be, my friend.

He got hit from behind by Webber and by Hamilton in back-to-back races and was obviously frustrated and momentarily lost his mind because it cost him a couple of 6th or 5th places.

People don't always think straight when they feel like the world is caving in.

Just let it be. Sometimes the internet bloggers make things worse.

Cheers, CF6! :thumbsup:

Let's play a game:

I'll give odds on the following:

2 - 1 .... Felipe' qualifies within 1-and-a-half tenths of Nando.

:)

7 - 2 ... Felipe' finishes ahead of Nando in the GP

10 - 3 ... Felipe' out-qualifies Nando

Evens ... Felipe posts at least 6th fastest time in Q3*

2 - 5... Felipe posts at least 7th fastest time in Q3*

Takers?

(*) Assuming he makes it out of Q2 :D

Betfair.com Ray

One could find a romantically good price from a Massa fan and hedge it in the real world of bookies

7 - 2 ... Felipe' finishes ahead of Nando in the GP. LOL

"Apart from the fact that I don't recall what Rob said, I don't think there's any value in stirring up trouble now and trying to link this with the subsequent contact with Hamilton: they are two separate moments and they have nothing to do with each other.

"I'm sure that Lewis and I will find a way to clear this up and put a lid on this story, as is only correct between two drivers. What happens on the track should remain on the track."

Well done Felipe. I'm sure he probably regrets his actions after the race and is trying to make amends and should be congratulated for this not ridiculed.

BTW, any more mickey taking of the way he speaks will continue to be deleted unless any of you taking the piss are able to translate the whole of this thread into word perfect and grammatically correct Portugese. :rolleyes:

BTW, any more mickey taking of the way he speaks will continue to be deleted unless any of you taking the piss are able to translate the whole of this thread into word perfect and grammatically correct Portugese. :rolleyes:

Or indeed, Portuguese...! ;)

I think we need to respect more multilingual people, especially for those of us who are not multilingual. He has to speak Portuguese, Italian, English and Northern for his job!

I've gotta say, Massa has been an absolute joy to watch during Free Practice this year. Every time they join Felipe for an onboard shot he seems to be on the ragged edge. He's not really going that fast, but he's certainly providing some entertaining viewing.

On another note, who looks more depressed in the garage? Felipe or his father?

Well, Alonso has stated that he wants 2nd in the championship. I'm sure Massa will do whatever it takes to help Ferrari keep thier matador happy.

Massa gets great starts so he's potentially in a very good position for tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how it plays out strategy wise for Ferrari. Some very oddly times pit stops perhaps.

Well, Alonso has stated that he wants 2nd in the championship. I'm sure Massa will do whatever it takes to help Ferrari keep thier matador happy.

Why should Massa help Alonso to "second" in the standings? The championship's finished for them.

I'd tell Nando to go to hell. If Nando wants "second" then i'd tell him to bloody well earn it!
Massa, as I keep saying, needs to start beating Alonso because his days as a Ferrari driver are numbered and he needs to show other teams that's he's capable of nearly-matching or matching or beating Alonso.

Massa isn't going to be at Ferrari forever, is he?

Massa, if he wants an F1 drive at another team one day has to show that he's a driver worthy of hiring.

Why should Massa help Alonso to "second" in the standings.

I'd tell Nando to go to hell.

Massa, as I keep saying, needs to start beating Alonso because his days as a Ferrari driver are numbered and he needs to show other teams that's he's capable of nearly-matching or matching or beating Alonso.

Massa isn't going to be at Ferrari forever, is he?

Are you serious? You honestly think Massa has any say in the matter?

Uggg.

It's 3:31 am here. I'm going to bed.

Massa needs to develop a back bone and he needs to show the world that he's worthy of being hired by someone other than Ferrari because Ferrari will ditch him sooner or later.

That's my view.

Goodnight all!

:sleeping:

Back
Top Bottom