BTCC BTCC 2011 Season

The race starts should be particularly interesting this weekend, as the rule mandating a long first gear for the rear-drive BMWs has been rescinded, so we could get cars 3 or 4 abreast into Old Hall corner. Many a driver has ended up in the tyres on the outside of there.

Oh I didn't know that, thanks for that nugget of information.
I believe the turbo cars have also had the max boost turned down again so things could be a lot closer this weekend.

The NA cars have been given minimum weight reductions too. Front-wheel drive (like the Chevy) gets 25kg off, rear-wheel drive 10kg. At Oulton, that might be more significant than any boost change.

That will do me, thinking where would be the best place to stand Sunday?

The beauty of the BTCC schedule is you get plenty of time to explore the circuit and view from different areas. At Oulton I can recommend 'Old Hall', The Cascades / Fosters section and also Lodge for last minute dives.

It's worth watching the kids driving the Ginneta Jnrs as they always get over keen with some of the moves and it's a great way of gauging where the action will take place for the big boys.

Here's the grid for the first of tomorrow's three races. Can you spot the big surprise?

1. Gordon Shedden (Honda Civic) 1:27.355
2. Matt Neal (Honda Civic) +0.150
3. Andy Neate (Ford Focus) +0.423
4. Jason Plato (Chevrolet Cruze) +0.427
5. Andrew Jordan (Vauxhall Vectra) +0.559
6. Tom Chilton (Ford Focus) +0.689
7. Alex MacDowall (Chevrolet Cruze) +0.736
8. Paul O'Neill (Chevrolet Cruze) +0.923
9. James Nash (Vauxhall Vectra) +0.964
10. Mat Jackson (Ford Focus) +1.090

Rob Collard is the best BMW in 14th :(

http://www.btcc.net/html/raceresults_detail.php?race_id=81&season_id=54

Got rain here this morning, so be interesting if the rain continues, believe it'll be sunnier later this afternoon, but looking forward to the racing this afternoon.

It's going to be wet, some guys on 4 slicks, some 2, meanwhile Tom Chilton had to pull off to the side of the road, seems to have lost brakes.

Last lap drama!

Matt Neal is extremely lucky to escape that spinning car, and in fact the guy who was just about to pass him (Boardman), is taken out.

Great start to the meet :D

What on Earth was that Smith guy thinking though? He basically just drove into Neate down the straight :rolleyes:

Not sure what to watch now - more BTCC or MotoGP? Think what I'll do is record the BTCC, watch the MotoGP, then catch up with the BTCC, skip the adverts, and I'll come back to live.

Or I could watch BTCC on the TV and MotoGP on the computer at the same time.

A bit excessive? This is one of the first days this year I've actually been able to watch all this stuff. LOL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Matt Neal doing what he does best in race 2.

You could see it coming - he tried in the previous lap to do his trademark move and push his team mate off - even if the commentators did claim he outbraked himself.
Yeah right.

Back
Top Bottom