BTCC BTCC 2011 Season

Arghh!
Stupid coming together between Plato and Collard.

He really needed to stay as close to Neal as possible to ensure the points gap stays low.

Yes Plato did a Lewis v Massa, could be his chance gone of keeping Neal in sight, podium for Neal?
Collard just did a 'Pastor' and turned into him there. No way was that Plato's fault.:disappointed:

Good words from Tim Harvey I thought, after the second race, on Plato's frustration with the turbos turning into a fixation which is threatening to affect his own performances.

Chad

No way was it Lewis' fault either really, Massa chose to close the door

Intersting parallel between the Plato and Lewis inside lunge, having to take 'here I come' moves to overcome a car deficit of some sort

I hate turbos, no matter how you handicap them, the high rev boost allows breezing past others with less risk on straights

I've had a long time to get used to 'Jason Plato the whinging loser', but 'Jason Plato the whinging winner' is more than I can stomach...

I note, in passing, that a Honda didn't win Race 3.

As for the Collard incident, the parallel with Hamilton is all too clear. Over-optimistic lunge by a driver with a skewed sense of entitlement.

Great race,
OultonPark 11 (13).jpg OultonPark 11 (14).jpg OultonPark 11 (15).jpg OultonPark 11 (19).jpg OultonPark 11 (20).jpg OultonPark 11 (20).jpg OultonPark 11 (30).jpg OultonPark 11 (32).jpg OultonPark 11 (33).jpg OultonPark 11 (34).jpg OultonPark 11 (66).jpg OultonPark 11 (67).jpgOultonPark 11 (68).jpg

The second race where the Honda's had their coming together @ the last corner, was fun watching it @ Cascades they had the big screen so we got to see the kitty litter trip......the cheer from the crowd was surprising.

The noise was unbelievable, the Porsche are even louder than the BTTC cars. Watched the Porsche's from 'The Avenue' and you were just feet away! We also had the fun of No.#3 (sorry don't know their name) coming towards us and hitting the barrier just feet away from us.

My lad has took in some of the rubber marbles into school today to show his friends, got them when we crossed the track, they where everywhere, I did get some myself.......:D

Last thing, the Formula Renaults are fantastic, lad was really interested in these as they are the closest to F1. It did give me the jitters watching them as they see so vunerable @ those speeds. They do though have great access to the pits, and the lad got real close to some of these cars.

OultonPark 11 (35).jpg OultonPark 11 (36).jpg

Looks like a fantastic day despite the weather! I keep meaning to go to Oulton for the Gold Cup historic meeting...it's just such a long way from London. Still the place looks in great shape, so maybe this will be the year.

Thanks for those great pics ATL11, they make me wish I was there! Like Galahad, It's a bit of a long way to travel for me, just North of London.

How did Josh Hill get on in the Formula Renault race? They are ridiculously, agonisingly slow to publish any results. Three days after the event on average.

Thanks for those great pics ATL11, they make me wish I was there! Like Galahad, It's a bit of a long way to travel for me, just North of London.

How did Josh Hill get on in the Formula Renault race? They are ridiculously, agonisingly slow to publish any results. Three days after the event on average.

Sorry I didn't catch the winner all I know is Number 11 ended up in the kitty litter @ Druids near us. Watch this, as the car that comes round the first won both races..........

Here you go opening lap of the 3rd race looking down to Cascades, what got me was the noise and how close the Doctor's car was from the back of the race pack
:D

At last! Found a website with reasonably quick results for the Formula Renault races (The official website is woefully behind the times):
http://www.autofixtures.com/formula-Renault/results-2011/renault-uk-oulton.php

Josh Hill was 8th and 7th, so pretty average.

Alex Lynn in a Fortec, who was already leading the points table, won both races so he seems to be 'doing a Vettel'.

Edit: Alex Lynn wasn't leading going into the weekend, he was in second place with 166 points to Tio Ellinas' 171. Lynn should be leading now though, with Ellinas finishing 3rd and 4th in the Oulton Park rounds.

Collard just did a 'Pastor' and turned into him there. No way was that Plato's fault.:disappointed:

Good words from Tim Harvey I thought, after the second race, on Plato's frustration with the turbos turning into a fixation which is threatening to affect his own performances.

I don't blame Plato really. It must be really horrible to bust your balls like he does, only to be blasted on eevery straight. A couple of his retirements this year are due to punctures while riding over kerbs trying to make up the lost time

Back
Top Bottom