BTCC BTCC 2011 Season

Only saw race 2 (I think it was) Is the Vectra a turbo? It was having a keeping up with the Honda's quite well, although I think they were carrying quite a weight penalty.

Gotta say Chilton showed very little class in trying to have one of his competitors DQ'd just so he could snatch a 3rd place. I'm glad he DNF'd the 3rd race.

A much better result in round 3 but those turbos still have a huge advantage.
They were just breezing past the NA cars on the straights.

I'd say another 0.3 bar boost reduction for Oulton Park should do it.

Why the five week gap? That's even worse than it's been waiting three weeks for the Turkish Grand Prix!

I've just found out that Josh Hill is competing in Formula Renault 2.0, which is a support race to the BTCC. How did I miss that one before? :givemestrength:
There's another single-seater series to think about. News is very slow to come out about the results though, I can't find them anywhere on t'internet. Even the Renaultsport website doesn't even show the results for Donington, let alone Thruxton; very poor show if you ask me. Does anyone know how Josh got on yesterday? The pace-setter so far seems to be Alex Lynn.

Edit: correction - Tio Ellinas is now leading the points table after a race two win at Donington with Lynn excluded after crossing the line in 2nd, having won race 1.

Quite a good 'crash test' at Thruxton yesterday... Wow! Lucky nobody was hurt. Sure is risky to stall on the grid - especially when you're at the front!!!

Look here. It's quite amazing to think that the world can learn within a few short hours of the event that the American military have made a lightning raid in a foreign state thousands of miles away and killed the world's most wanted man who had eluded them for a decade.

And yet it took me two whole days to find out how Josh Hill got on in a motor race in Hampshire! :givemestrength:

Chad I remember when the Americans (allegedly) put a man on the Moon BBC TV couldn't even transmit a watchable picture to my house in Devon... I could hear it but couldn't see a thing!

I'm with you there, Chad. Damn motorcycle racing distracted me (again). Have to say, the BTCC support races are of more interest to me than the touring cars. At least they're honest about being one make formulas. Also, a better chance to see where future F1 talent is being born. And (at great risk of further upsetting Tintop fans) I've been getting confused about what a touring car is these days. Maybe I'm getting old or I'm just too tall but I can't imagine touring in a hatchback.

Just a heads for everyone up that round 4 of the BTCC is at Oulton Park this weekend.

If you haven't seen it before, give it a try.
The races are quite short (less than 30 minutes), but there are 3 at each meet and they're almost always full of action :D

All the details are in the first post.

The BTCC always helps fill the void when we don't have a GP on and we are being further spoilt with the Isle Of Man TT and Moto GP from the Circuit de Catalunya this weekend. :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom