Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

I think the problem was the late braking from Schumacher rather than the late jink from Senna. Clean defensive driving from Bruno and total brainfade from Schumacher. Not the first time we have seen this from Schumacher since his return either. I think he's been through more front wings than the rest of the teams have even manufactured.

I have to apportion a lot of blame to Senna for his incident. That was a very late jink left in the braking zone.

Is not that what Schumacher has done in the past but the end result was usually either forcing the driver out wide (DC France 2000 )or onto the grass ( Alonso Silverstone 2003) or breaking their wing ( MOntoya BRazil 2002)

Its nice to see Schumacher getting a taste of his own medicine

Senna had a run-in with Grosjean minutes before the MS incident. I am still not convinced Bruno has any business in F1.

Indeed so - Bruno has a tough time in these first few races and his team mate has eclipsed him by some margin. I think we need to give Bruno a bit more time before completely rubbishing him.

Maldonado looked like he had potential at times last season but looked pretty ropey for a lot of it too a bit like Bruno so far this season - Maldonado had a duff car and team-mate who wasn't doing much better to give him time to get in the groove unfourtunatly for Senna he doesn't so he needs to get his act together. I have a lot more hope for him than I did at the begining of the season but qualifying 17th and crashing out(whether its your fault or not) whilst your team-mate lands pole and a win does not look great.

Also have I ever mentioned I reckon Williams test driver Bottas is pretty good? ;)

t.

Also have I ever mentioned I reckon Williams test driver Bottas is pretty good? ;)
RasputinLives

This weekend was the first time I heard that Bottas is putting pressure on his seat or there is a push for Bottas to replace Bruno

Today's incident is no way Bruno's fault... Schumacher the hyprocrite he's done that move to a lot of drivers in the past and broken their wings

However Bruno does seem to have a lot of wheel to wheel tangles at the moment except for Malaysia and China which he showed maturity to outrace Maldonado

Considering he was 17th and managed to get up to 4th was a good showing until the incident

Now that Maldonado has shown the capabilities of the car and Bruno thinks Monaco they will be strong he knows there is extra pressure now to deliver.

Where is the Williams thread on this board ??

I may be mistaken but wasn't Senna on for a good grid spot when he overcooked it and spun out in qualifying? I think it's too early t write him off for this season with the car improving as it has. All credit to him today but I still have doubts about Maldonado because of his crash history. I will give him the benefit of the doubt though in the hope that he continues to come good.

I'm not writing him off just saying this result really puts pressure on him to pull something out of the bag quicker than he otherwise would have. Its not impossible for him to turn it round on his team-mate we all remember what happened to Jarno Trulli after his first GP win.

Back
Top Bottom