Bruno Senna

Congratulations to young Bruno Senna for a fantastic qualifying session today.

I'm sure his uncle would be very proud knowing he's starting the Belgian Grand Prix - his first race of the year - from 7th on the Grid.

Spa-Francorchamps is a special circuit. A real challenge and known as a "driver's circuit" which "separates the men from the boys".

Add to that the tricky, greasy conditions you had today and Bruno's consistency in ALL 3 sessions at this circuit means there's some talent there.

The Renault is by no means a Top 4 car...so to be 7th on the grid ahead of the likes of World Champions Alonso and Button (both of whom have superior Ferraris and McLarens) and his somewhat highly rated teammate Petrov, is a very good achievement.

Good luck in the race tomorrow Bruno!

C'mon Boy...Make Brazil Proud of it's Formula One drivers again! :cheer:

Yes I got that wrong he went up against Klien three time they both retired in the first race and Senna beat Klien in the other two,

Anyway I believe he has potential and thats all that matters as far as I'm concerned

I don't know if Senna will ever win a championship maybe he will and maybe he wont but then again that could be said for the 75% of the drivers currently on the grid as 25% have already done so.

But I'm not going to suggest that he doesn't try, or maybe 75% of the grid shouldn't bother turning up in Melbourne.

Ok. I've been very critical of Bruno for quite a while but I'm big enough to tip my hat to him and say great drive on Sunday. Well done and keep it up.

(I still think Botas should be in your seat though)

Ok. I've been very critical of Bruno for quite a while but I'm big enough to tip my hat to him and say great drive on Sunday. Well done and keep it up.

(I still think Botas should be in your seat though)

Not really when Bruno is a Senna and the name is good to get him backing from Brazil etc as he is the next hope now Massa is heading for the chopping block

Not really when Bruno is a Senna and the name is good to get him backing from Brazil etc as he is the next hope now Massa is heading for the chopping block

So because he's Brazils next hope he didn't have a good drive on Sunday? I'm confused as to what you're saying I think.

Is Di Resta the next David Couthard, or is DiResta the next... DiResta? Bruno is not Ayrton reincarnate nor does he pretend to be.

So because he's Brazils next hope he didn't have a good drive on Sunday? I'm confused as to what you're saying I think.

As in Bottas will not replace because of his name .. why do think Renault used him last year to replace Heidfeld instead of Grosjean then?

Senna in a Williams Renault is still a marketing tool that Williams will make the most of. I don't see how Bottas will get a chance unless there is a serious fall out at Williams between the drivers. Frank Williams is thick skinned to take it all as part of the business

------------------------

Bruno is not Ayrton but unfortunately having the name Senna does put a bit more pressure on him especially from Brazil

Every Brazilian driver since have had some pressure being the one to replace Senna as the top BRazilian F1 driver to be world champion

It is different in Brazil where Senna created a huge following and fanaticism more than Piquet or Fittipaldi did ...

Remember BRuno used his mother's name to try and get less attention for himself and when it got out he is Ayrton's nephew the press were onto him in Brazil

I'm still a bit confused. I was just saying well done Bruno on having a good race on Sunday (which he did). I'm not sure where all this comparrision to Ayrton came from. Sorry.

I'm still a bit confused. I was just saying well done Bruno on having a good race on Sunday (which he did). I'm not sure where all this comparrision to Ayrton came from. Sorry.

You were saying Bottas will replace him and I say no way because Bruno has the name Senna as the marketing tool and the yellow helmet which is probably why he got the chance at Renault last year and Williams this year

You were saying Bottas will replace him and I say no way because Bruno has the name Senna as the marketing tool and the yellow helmet which is probably why he got the chance at Renault last year and Williams this year

Oh! I'm with you now! yes I was I thought you answering the post I made today. You're prob right. Still think Botas should be in the car though.

Senna was triply fortunate - lucky not to end his team mate's race on lap one, lucky to be able to continue, and lucky to benefit strategically from the ensuing pit stop. Everything else he did well.

Oh! I'm with you now! yes I was I thought you answering the post I made today. You're prob right. Still think Botas should be in the car though.

Maybe the Williams of old he would have been although he is getting practice sessions to showcase but to get him into Williams will require some misfortune for either current driver or Bottas come in with more sponsor money from Finland say Nokia -( blue and white livery ala Williams ) to unseat either of them

He might get farmed to HRT possibly if he does have money for a drive

:oWhy isnt Bruno racing this weekend?? Is he injured? To do with the bahrain situation? Or Williams just took him out?

Edit: :embarrassed:Or is it just because its Thursday:embarrassed: Oops

Back
Top Bottom