Andretti F1

Do you remember when a couple of teams took F1 to the EU courts accusing F1 of being just that.

A quick flash of a cheque book and everything went quietly away.

I was reading alot of stuff. that similar to this
Screenshot_20231005_233852_Samsung Internet.jpg

what i was thinking earlier was im brutally honest in which you have to return the favour because the 10 established teams are to Andretti. they are told if you have to add value if you want to join F1. how much value to lets say Haas brought what have they done really in the last 3 years from 1 pole position & team principal who popular because he swears alot. & they couldn't give less value than alfa/sauber/audi. if they weren't on the grid i doubt anyone would notice. i cant think of anything memorable they've done since kubica left

Last edited:
Haas would have had some impact on the American market, regardless of results, and also, Steiner will provide some interesting moments on drive to survive, although I'm sure that was not an influencing factor on their entry.

Andretti may be considered as either further penetration of the US market potentially, or unnecessary based on Haas already being present on the grid, I guess it could be argued either way, depending on who is arguing.

Billionaire businessman doesn’t want anyone else taking his slice of the pie.
Personally I’d rather see another team on the grid, and his son wasn’t in f1.

Haas would have had some impact on the American market, regardless of results, and also, Steiner will provide some interesting moments on drive to survive, although I'm sure that was not an influencing factor on their entry.

Andretti may be considered as either further penetration of the US market potentially, or unnecessary based on Haas already being present on the grid, I guess it could be argued either way, depending on who is arguing.
but for me Haas are as American as red bull are Austrian. they dont have an American driver & build the cars here in the uk

In the same way that the only German thing about Mercedes is the money which funds the team? Although most of that comes from Malaysia.

Just for you, F1Brits_90, is a quote from the Duke of Wellington who when questioned about defining himself as English because he was born in Dublin replied "If I were born in a stable would it make me a horse?".

Gene Haas, after whom the team is named, is very much an American. It's not a flag of convenience, it is something fundamental to the team and its psyche.

In the same way that the only German thing about Mercedes is the money which funds the team? Although most of that comes from Malaysia.

Just for you, F1Brits_90, is a quote from the Duke of Wellington who when questioned about defining himself as English because he was born in Dublin replied "If I were born in a stable would it make me a horse?".

Gene Haas, after whom the team is named, is very much an American. It's not a flag of convenience, it is something fundamental to the team and its psyche.
there are some great points & i would agree with duke of wellington point although "If I were born in a stable would it make me a horse"
no but it might make you jesus LOL

because nationality can be many things does depend on birth place, where you spent your childhood or parents nationality. as Bradley Wiggins & Mo Farah are good examples of that unquestionably British despite born in Beligium & Somalia

but the only issue & i could add Mercedes to this. this is probally just me but i feel to be that there needs to be a connection to place the place you call home either building the cars in America or have an American driver or team principal even, if ferrari built there cars in Brackley it would have the same feel

Wow, brilliant. Producing a completely new design from a blank sheet of paper they've amazingly come up with a car that looks exactly like everyone elses. I don't know how these designers do it.

very true cider_and_toast ɓut problem is that unfortunately Mercedes tried something different & had 2 yrs of pain. then you look red bull & their domination. all the successful teams in recent years mclaren & aston martin changed to red bull philosophy.

so if your building a new car you would either have to have supreme confidence or be a fool to not copy red bull

All F1 Team bosses "We are all racers at heart, we want to see close, competitive racing"

Michael Andretti "Hi F1 please can I join? The Andretti racing brand has won races and championships in every series we've entered"

All F1 Team bosses "No you can't, that would dilute the competition"

"You can't just join our club now when everything's going well" 🏆
Or is this some half arsed reference to Michaels half a season with McLaren in the eary 90's?

Either way, its a crap thing to say and Brunde has been an increasingly bigger dick head over the last decade.

Edit Ok, my dick head opinion of Brundle still stands but he didn't actually say "you can't just join our club..." that bit is totally out of context. He says that the F1 teams will be saying this. He makes it clear at the start that he would love to see an 11th and a 12th team join.

All F1 Team bosses "We are all racers at heart, we want to see close, competitive racing"

Michael Andretti "Hi F1 please can I join? The Andretti racing brand has won races and championships in every series we've entered"

All F1 Team bosses "No you can't, that would dilute the competition" money we get"
That Jessie J song ' It's not about money money it's about the price tag " Bull💩

Back
Top Bottom