Pre-Season 2018-2019 Winter testing and car launches

Well, rather now than in the land of Oz. Maybe that's why we have those tests, to discover, improve and fix what's needed.

Last edited:
panic potentially at mercedes. although this was expected because just through history ( & i know records are there to be broken) but historically no team even in most dominant periods of F1 mclaren - prost/senna williams of 90s ferrari - Schumacher red bull - vettel. no team has ever won 6 consecutive drivers titles most is Ferrari 2000 - 2004 & mercedes 2014 - 2018 & only 1 in f1 69 yr history has a team ever won 6 consecutive constructorss titles Ferrari 1999 - 2004. that was when Ferrari were more dominant than mercedes now

Screenshot_20190226-133401.jpg

1st test
IMG_20190226_133317.jpg

2nd test
IMG_20190226_133322.jpg

"84 laps and counting for George Russell in the Williams.
That's already almost a match for the number - 88 - the team completed in the whole of last week..."

Keep it up Williams!!!

panic potentially at mercedes. although this was expected because just through history ( & i know records are there to be broken) but historically no team even in most dominant periods of F1 mclaren - prost/senna williams of 90s ferrari - Schumacher red bull - vettel. no team has ever won 6 consecutive drivers titles most is Ferrari 2000 - 2004 & mercedes 2014 - 2018 & only 1 in f1 69 yr history has a team ever won 6 consecutive constructorss titles Ferrari 1999 - 2004. that was when Ferrari were more dominant than mercedes now

2nd testView attachment 12367
too late to change anyway

"17:12 Mercedes is changing the engine for Bottas after an oil pressure problem.
The team says it has made the decision in order to "continue today's programme and also to pursue our analysis of the problem".

My age must be showing, but I find reporting on testing via Tweets rather bewildering experience. Is it too soon, too late, or it doesn't matter at all, but I hate Liberty. (...and I have -- still valid -- subscription to race data).

Ferrari - cooling issue investigated in the morning, simulation of long run for Sebastian, various setups, etc. Not bad, however according their website, not all went as expected (probably cooling defect). Charles had only 29 laps to his credit. Well, that's why we have testing, discovery and surprises. What is however developing, I fear, is potential for big mess in the first race on first lap.

Ferrari - cooling issue investigated in the morning, simulation of long run for Sebastian, various setups, etc. Not bad, however according their website, not all went as expected (probably cooling defect). Charles had only 29 laps to his credit. Well, that's why we have testing, discovery and surprises. What is however developing, I fear, is potential for big mess in the first race on first lap.
Strange... Why would they start having a cooling issue first thing in the morning? Is it a package revised?...or what? I guess they are using the same engine spec from last testing
So many questions... so little time. Let's see if this is a recurring problem.

Back
Top Bottom