Pre-Season 2018-2019 Winter testing and car launches

Watch the Honda improve leaps and bounds now that they have two teams fully focused on its development.

I mean, what sort of prize pillock would prevent another team from using a brand new to the sport engine thus depriving you of much needed development data?

I'm looking at you Mr Dennis. :facepalm:

I just want some good races. Obviously I'd like Ferrari to do well, but I just want to watch a race without being pretty sure I know the result after the first lap or two, barring unforeseen incidents. Is that too much to ask?

I just want to watch a race without being pretty sure I know the result after the first lap or two, barring unforeseen incidents. Is that too much to ask?

no, it's not too much too ask, it should be taken for granted and the simple fact that we consider going back to an age when we didn't know the result of a race even before it sarted as some sort of dream IMHO shows the depth of the issues that F1 is facing in order to survive

Last edited:
16:10 The Ferrari is looking good again. It just looks right on track. When it touches the kerb at the chicane it doesn’t double-bounce. The pickup on the throttle out of T13 is impressive, they can just put the power down so the traction is strong. It has all the things you need to make a car go quick.
Gary Anderson

cider_and_toast yes Honda having two teams is really going to help their data feedback but the reliability issues have been fixed by running a mule car. It took Honda 3 years to realise that the other engine producers stick their engine in a road car and pound it round a track 24/7. Its all a bit cheaty weaty but they all do it. Honda openly came out and admitted it hasn't occured to them to 'bend the rules' like that and that they would start doing it in 2017.

The Renault team seem to have some kinks to work out as Hulkenberg proved again today. Racing Point have admitted they have too and so has Haas. I wonder if they will all get them fixed before the first race. Oddly, Red Bull and Toro Rosso seem happy with their cars, though I did read something about some odd vibrations in the Red Bull. Max however has declared himself happy with the car, so I assuming that issue isn't much of one for them.

Giovinazzi sets the 7th fastest time of the day on the second hardest brand of tyre and completes 150 laps. I think its fair to say the Alfa Sauber will be at the right end of the grid at least for the first few races. I expect to see a Toyota like performance in 2009, starting off shocking people but then slowly falling away as the season develops.

Frédéric Vasseur is expanding his staff and facilities. It stands to a reason the team is not yet up to its intended level of performance, and almost certainly they won't be able to keep up with development at the rate of some teams which are well established for years. For now they get good marks from me for trying, not complaining, or drowning in self-pity and showing up late.
Monsieur Vasseur is a right man for the job. Journey from a man with heart of a racer and businessman, to a lawyer, and now another jump to a racer and tactician. Sauber organization is alive and well.

Frédéric Vasseur is expanding his staff and facilities. It stands to a reason the team is not yet up to its intended level of performance, and almost certainly they won't be able to keep up with development at the rate of some teams which are well established for years. For now they get good marks from me for trying, not complaining, or drowning in self-pity and showing up late.
Monsieur Vasseur is a right man for the job. Journey from a man with heart of a racer and businessman, to a lawyer, and now another jump to a racer and tactician. Sauber organization is alive and well.
and so let it be:thumbsup:

Giovinazzi sets the 7th fastest time of the day on the second hardest brand of tyre and completes 150 laps. I think its fair to say the Alfa Sauber will be at the right end of the grid at least for the first few races. I expect to see a Toyota like performance in 2009, starting off shocking people but then slowly falling away as the season develops.
They have the Kimster on board!! I expect them to develop in leaps and bounds. They kept it pretty "cool" last year. Don't expect them to just fall away, for reasons izumi stated above

Back
Top Bottom