1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Malaysia Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by teabagyokel, Sep 17, 2017.

1. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Drain cover failure down to dodgy welds.

FIA explains Grosjean's 'freak' drain cover crash

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Speshal

Speshal Champion Elect Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    ....?

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

gethinceri likes this.
  5. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

I didn't bother to watch the rest of the season after Singapore,cause the chance of Hamilton winning this championship are about 99%. After I read about the qualifying of this race, it just clear that luck and reliability is on Hamilton's side this year.

Next stop Formula E, bye F1 for now. Never thought the day would come that i would be more tired of seeing a Merc win than a Ferrari ( in the dominant Ferrari days).

6. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

Fenderman likes this.
  7. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

Fenderman likes this.
  8. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Galahad's qualifying ratings:
    Hamilton A
    Raikkonen C
    Verstappen B
    Ricciardo C
    Bottas F
    Ocon B
    Vandoorne B
    Hülkenberg C
    Perez D
    Alonso D
    Massa B
    Palmer E
    Stroll D
    Sainz B
    Gasly A
    Grosjean C
    Magnussen C
    Wehrlein B
    Ericsson E

teabagyokel likes this.
  9. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

I'm still not quite that tired of it. I also quite enjoy seeing karma biting Vettel in the ass.

Chasz likes this.
  10. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

How has karma caught up with him, he's only an engine failure, they've already had at least one this season and it's a natural occurence at some point during the season.

I guess it's also karma that Schumacher is in some sort of a vegetative state...

This karma talk is utter nonsense...

11. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

If you like.

Greenlantern101 likes this.
  12. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    And what will karma do to you for enjoying other people's misfortune?

13. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

If only I wasn't a complete atheist, eh?

I'm happy to be filed under not a fan of Ferrari or Vettel. Their attitude stinks, they're made for eachother.

Titch and Greenlantern101 like this.
  14. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    This says it all; Nico Rosberg was keeping himself close to Hamilton throughout their time together, and more and more, Bottas is just being humiliated... I hope that people are constantly re-evaluating just how good Rosberg was...

Bill Boddy and gethinceri like this.
  15. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Bottas was very competitive with Hamilton on pace until after his difficult race at Spa, when the team *allegedly* said he was going to be #2 for the rest of the year. Since then he was 2.3s slower in the wet at Monza, 0.7 slower at Singapore and 0.7 slower at Sepang.

So, maybe that's it.

16. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Quite possibly - although earlier in the season, the car was a little more difficult - if we think back to Hamilton and Kovalainen, Hamilton was being matched by Kovi in 2009 until the mid-season point when the car began to become a little more competitive - it might be something with his driving style, perhaps...

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Vettel has enjoyed two race wins where his teammate was not allowed to race him.. he's avoided being DQed for deliberately slamming into Hamilton at Baku. Singapore was 99% his fault and surprisingly not a warning was given. They say the championship is not politically orchestrated this year but it is .

Hamilton has had his fair share of misfortune with gearbox and engine related penalties but he has managed to apply damage limitation

So I don't see how people should feel sorry for Vettel . If anything Hamilton fighting back has been good for F1 and today he delivered a brilliant pole when he had no right to be on pole

18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    if Vettel chances werent slim before, they are almost non existent now barring some miracle turnaround in tomorrows like when Lewis qualified last & Nico on pole but finished ahead of him in Hungary 2014 because under 25pts is doable because 1 failure is always possible but you would think gap should be 35pts + tomorrow & once your relying on 2 races of bad luck for rivals you really are clutching at straws

you can tell that pole was down to Lewis not mercedes. because wolff looked massively relieved when kimi came in 0.045 behind. but from wolff interview post qualifying seems 2015 problems are back where the heat affects them. as when your at 6pm & track cools down 4 degrees. the car seemed to be miles better. yes people can say Q3 mode which helps but when bottas is 5th. you just have to admire the amazing talent lewis has at times over 1 lap. 1 good thing about vettels problem is kimi raikkonen is let of leash. because many times ferrari proved this season they would rather lose than let kimi win. i was going to say about the 1st corner but the last time i talked about 2nd/3rd being able to stick 1 down the inside because poleman will think of championship & jump out of the way was Singapore. & vettel lost his marbles the top 3 of grid all crashed into each other

Chasz likes this.
  19. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Galahad

Malaysia GP: Mercedes 'worried' by Valtteri Bottas after poor qualifying

I did not realise but the gaps between him and Lewis has gotten wider since the summer break

20. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Il_leone

Have you ever been allowed to serve on a jury?

21. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    siffert_fan I have never been asked .. yet !

Share This