1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Malaysia Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by teabagyokel, Sep 17, 2017.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    id noticed around spa or monza that Bottas hasnt had a good weekend where he's either matched or beaten Lewis since austria & that bottas has to massively improve next year otherwise hes dropping into a kimi Territory

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Kewee

Kewee Race Winner

We're all watching something very special this season. Mercedes had their problems prior to qualifying and once again we've been able to watch Lewis at his best, digging deep when he needed and remaining flawless in achieving pole. I honestly believe Hamilton has developed into the very best of the modern era by a significant margin. He had the benefit of being given a big break by starting his career with McLaren when they were strong, but the move to Mercedes was his own choice and he deserves every success he has achieved since, there will be much more to come, he's very comfortable in his own skin.

Fenderman, marksawatsky and Chasz like this.
  4. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

The very best by a significant margin, it seems like you buy into all his rubbish, i.g. during qualifying complaining about the tyres and how bad the car feels, during races the same etc. and pointing out how incredibly difficult it was after every session. He does the same BS as Alonso who also tries to increase the value of his performance through rhetoric.

5. [​IMG]

gethinceri likes this.
  6. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Oh, Ferrari.

7. Hamberg

Hamberg FOTA VIP, I've got the avatar to prove it :) Contributor

Uh oh

8. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Not a bad race and what a bizarre event at the end. If Ferrari end up with a grid penalty in Suzuka it will be a great shame.

9. sobriety

sobriety Podium Finisher

Is Vettel on a mission to hit at least one car from every team in, at best, "bizarre" circumstances this season?

Wombcat likes this.
  10. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    No further action on Vettel - Stroll incident. There is suggestion that the gearbox might be damaged on Seb's car

I just knew that when Vettel came up to lap Alonso .. Fernando was going to make him work for it

F1Brits_90

Bottas was well beaten again and I wonder if there are some suggestions that he should not have had his contract renewed now

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  11. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

Oh Vettel! Does the man have any spacial awareness?

Kewee likes this.
  12. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    ah great minds think alike :D

as around the time after riccardio had overtaken Bottas & gone on to lose 14 secs in 8 laps. added to 8 tenths deficet, i thought it very good job bottas got that contract signed otherwise he could be out. but pressure still massively on because he has to find 3/4 sec a lap in suzuka

13. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    I've overlooked that because Hamilton been clawing the gap back to Vettel that Bottas is way off his pace. If Valtteri was not thinking of playing a support role I think this race has certainly cemented Toto's mind that he should now but he has to find extra pace from somewhere

14. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Chasz

Seb use to have a habit of steering right but lately he's been steering left

Chasz likes this.
  15. Kewee

Kewee Race Winner

No, I buy into his results.

16. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    i really enjoyed 1st half of the grand prix alot happening & potentially until the softs. it seemed to equalise, for me possibly Bottas worst race of season he way off in qualifying then as i mentioned above Riccardio after being held up overtook & was 1.2secs ahead after 1 lap, then went on to lose 14 secs in 8 laps which to 3rd fastest car is worrying & so slow vettel started last before the pit stop he had already all over the back of bottas

i thought vettel was outstanding & very nearly completely the miracle turnaround i mentioned like hungary 2014. unlucky not to be on the podium. technically impressive that vettel beat 2004 lap record. when they are recognised as the fastest f1 cars, low fuel, 3L V10 revving to 19000rpm new engine every weekend & weighing 605kg. but vettel beat it by 4 tenths with a 1.6L V6 revving to 15000rpm, engine that has to last 5 races & weighing 123kg more

brilliant fact nicked off someone else. Verstappen's only 2 F1 wins have been the race directly after kyvat been dumped by red bull

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    http://www.planetf1.com/news/alonso-its-19-1-against-magnussen/LOL

Mercedes bought new upgrades and they did not work and there is concern that the chassis is not working as well on circuits where top end power is not significant.

Red Bull's updates seems to have made them much more race competitive despite not having the ultimate pace over 1 lap

I thought today was missed opportunities for
    Force India ( another tangle between the two of them>:( who could have gotten big points),
    Renault :)disappointed: they finished out of the points and behind Williams),

Alonso - did not make his customary lightning start

Kimi - I hope they had plenty of ice cream because he could have well won the race

Bottas - :thinking::she went from being fastest in Q2 to nearly 1 minute down in the race equates to 1 second per lap away from Red Bull and Ferrari
    --

Having said that

Vettel - great drive from the back but he does seem to find ways to make it difficult for himself at the moment

Stroll - a mature drive in the toughest race and has outshone Massa again on Sunday

Vandoorne - Mclaren have got someone who is a potential world champion if the car is right

Perez - aside from the tangle another solid drive

18. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    You mean finishing second in a two-car championship last year?

19. Chasz

Chasz Points Scorer

Lol, you are danger of winding up a certain Kewee... :bangfists:

20. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Well, here's a thing, Jo Palmer has blamed a gust of wind for making him spin - Palmer blames "big tailwind" for Malaysia spin

I blame Hamilton and that bloody vegan diet!

21. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    who let off a big one then down the straight?

Share This