1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Prix 2017 Belgian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Grand Prix Discussions' started by Titch, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Speshal

Speshal Champion Elect Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Me too as of late.

cider_and_toast likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

4. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

Chasz, gethinceri and Speshal like this.
  6. olegg

olegg Race Winner

[​IMG]

7. olegg

olegg Race Winner

What new tyres have drivers before race in the SPA?
    Driver - Soft - Super - Ultra - TOT
    HAM - 2 - 0 - 1 - 3
    BOT - 2 - 0 - 1 - 3
    VET - 2 - 0 - 2 - 4
    RAI - 2 - 0 - 2 - 4
    VER - 1 - 1 - 2 - 4
    RIC - 1 - 1 - 2 - 4

8. The Artist.....

The Artist..... Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    - which is more or less invisible to the spectators... save for the Mercs driving away at the front!

9. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Just another normal weekend, Mercedes and Ferrari squabbling over the lead with Red Bull just hanging onto their shirt tails then a second behind RB the rest fighting for the final four points slots down as far as the Saubers who trail in behind the rest.

Nice to see Force India so high up the order, their strategy of minimum downforce making them fas in sectors 1 and 3 whilst being quite pedestrian in the middle sector could prove more than a little annoying to anyone trying to overtake them.

Speshal likes this.
  10. Speshal

Featured Threads:
    Now I am sure someone better suited at stats can correct me on this but does Hamilton's pole mean that he has converted near as damn it 1 in 3 starts to pole? and if so, has anyone in the past come close? I can imagine there was a driver in the 50's/60's that started 2 races and got pole in one, but I'm betting you can tell me this. (I r too lazy to look my'sen) :D

11. teabagyokel

teabagyokel #bringbackmaldo Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Speshal - There are 5 of them...

Hamilton 68/200 = 34%
    Senna 65/161 = 40.37%
    Ascari 14/32 = 43.75%
    Clark 33/72 = 45.83%
    Fangio 29/51 = 56.86%(!)

So Hamilton is the only one from the era of televised one-hour qualifying sessions, then. Clark, Ascari and Fangio all have a similar rate of winning races. Hamilton is bested there by Schumacher; Senna by Stewart and Prost.

FB, Hamberg, no-FIAt-please and 4 others like this.
  12. Speshal

Featured Threads:
    You see, this is why I leave this sort of thing to the experts!

Top work teabagyokel :D - Have yourself a biscuit ;)

13. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Pole Sitter

Featured Threads:
    fantastic lap from lewis. in recent races he really is doing brilliantly on Saturday & hooking up that perfect lap in q3 when it matters soon as he did the mid 42, it effectively ended battle for pole. it was emotional moment when Ross Brawn made that speech. but what irony as its turned out that Lewis could beat Schumacher record, in ferrari backyard

but im a fan of lewis, but huge credit goes to vettel that was arguably a better lap than lewis because i didnt think that ferrari could do that time & really he is the defacto pole man providing he gets a good start. because spa is worse place to get pole. because you just get the slipstreamed down the kemmel straight

14. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Surprised to see Vettel get 2nd but he had the benefit of a tow at the end I believe it was from Kimi . His best hope is get out ahead and hope the turbulence destroys the Mercedes otherwise I think Hamilton will disappear into the distance given he is 0.4 seconds faster than the Ferrari's in sector 1 and mighty in sector 3 was well

gethinceri likes this.
  15. Rutherford

Rutherford Points Scorer

According to Sky, it was just a tow, it was a COLOSSAL tow, yeah, they really don’t exaggerate.

16. cousinDave

cousinDave Rookie

Some serious tyre vibration on the cars. Hope this doesn't cause any problems. Pirelli are currently focusing on the cars.

Cars, not tyres, now focus of Pirelli vibration investigation

Skip to 30 seconds.
    Youtube.com

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  17. Haas have now scored more points than they did last year. 35 points, 6 more compared to last year.
    Renault have 34 points, which is 4 times more points than their 2016 season (with just 2 more points).

teabagyokel likes this.
  18. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I missed this yesterday - Honda system confused by Alonso taking Pouhon flat

Honda have some serious problems.

19. Dario Resta

Dario Resta Podium Finisher

Well, he has been telling them they're fastest in the corners.....

20. Bushi

Bushi Pole Sitter

The Honda system is mostly confused when it's on track.

21. Il_leone

Il_leone Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    So Alonso went too fast and broke the Honda engine:facepalm:

Share This