Grand Prix 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

So I guess the Mercs will have the power and traction here which is where the Renault cars will suffer. Looks like a close one between a lot of the teams, and the track should give us some great racing which will look better than ever under the floodlights

Well its only race three but already Alonso must be planning (again) how he can get out of Ferrari and into a Merc or Red Bull.... Such a shame - I don't warm to him as a person but I believe he has been worth more than 2 WDC's.

Still the racing between the Ferrari, Red Bull, Williams and McLaren teams should be a joy to watch but if Kimi does not have a fire lit under him soon he'll be getting the heave ho from Ferrari (again) by mid season...

I can't help but feel that Alonso's time has gone.

I will be very interested to hear Fernando's reflections on his time at Ferrari in ten years time when his career is over and he has no ties to any team or PR to do. Can't help but feel he's been in a state of frustration for a while now but has been holding back because he's been promised everything will turn round when the regs changed. Now the regs have changed and he's stayed exactly where he was before I bet tempers are frayed.

*adopts 70's punk voice*

"No more heroes anymore!"

Ahem.

I'm sure Alonso will always be a hero in Spain and I don't see any other Spanish drivers on the horizon likely to even get anywhere near his status. However I can't help but feel he's looking at his career right now thinking he could have got so much more and wondering whether it was decision he made or something someon else didn't do right.

Would have been interesting to see hoe things had panned out if Alonso had behaved and remained at McLaren.

Ultimately though, Red-Bull has been unbeatable. Even Webber was able to take 2nd places in it.

It was Alonso who decided to burn bridges with Ron Dennis at Mclaren and to come to think of it he may well have been a 5 time world champion

His ego got the better of him . Fernando has also burned his bridges with team Enstone by his association with Flavio and really left the team in a mess when he was angling for a Ferrari drive

So will he leave Ferrari in a mess !

I am hearing a lot whingeing from Red Bull:whistle:

Looks Bahrain will show the full speed of the Mercs with the long straights

Hamilton has now topped all the Bahrain practice sessions. Has anyone ever led all practice, qualifying and race sessions in a Grand Prix weekend?

I seem to remember Hamilton almost did it during Budapest 2012 but Webber just pipped him in a practice session.

Poor old Ricciardo. If his team/stewards didn't keep screwing him over he'd be the best of the rest to this point. Instead he's 22nd in the championship and starting 13th tomorrow.

Should be interesting tomorrow between Lewis and Nico. Should be the first actual race for 1st of the season (unless one of them walks away with it again).

I just hope they don't take each other out in the excitement. As for Ricciardo, well I understand why the team gave him the seat. It's such a shame he can't keep his third place and ahead of finger boy.

Back
Top Bottom