Grand Prix 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

If it rains will they cancel the race I remember a MotoGP race being canceled or delayed until the next day at Qatar because it rained and it was impossible to see because of the dazzle of the lights on the rain covered visors...

RasputinLives I would like to see Monaco leave the calendar (I can feel people rushing to flame me for that comment). I know it is a classic race but it just doesn't work for today's F1 in my mind. Abu Dhabi and Singapore are also tracks that I would like to see leave the calendar.

I also don't mind Bahrain and Malaysia, I like the layout even though the races can be a little dull sometimes.

I'm not referring to the Bahrain GP in particular, why you'd think that is beyond me (what thread is this?).

More to do with Aus was crap, Malaysia was crap, Mercs are too dominant, RBs are bound to again be too dominant, Kobayashi/bashi, borain, etc. etc.

It seems we all (myself included) seem to be mightily dismayed with this sport, yet we all claim to love it and continue to watch it. Bit weird.

I am. It will get better. If it doesn't , it will rise again after big business has killed it off.

There are to many of us who love motor car racing. It will survive, and, we the punters will get it back.

@

Last edited:
I am. It will get better. If it doesn't , it will rise again after big business has killed it off.

There are to many of us who love motor car racing. It will survive, and, we the punters will get it back.

Mephistopheles now "that's what I'm talking about! "

image.jpg

Hamberg Actually I am loving it so far. I have already got used to the engine noise and actually like it, especially out the corners. I love the extra tyre and ERS noises. I love that Vettel isn't winning (yet). At last Hamilton has got the car he deserves after so many years in a brick slow Mclaren. I am looking forward to Alonso Kimi fights. I really like that the tyres aren't blowing up. The fuel used graphics are great. Qually seems to be all action. Williams are looking like a racing team again. And we have unreliable cars back on the track, just like in the 80's, I really missed that.

Bring on Bahrain.

Hamberg - maybe its because a lot of us are long time fans and have seen far more exciting starts to the season.

Has it been an interesting start to the season and have I watched every moment of it? Yes. Has it been exciting? No and I'm not going to pretend I find it so.

We are allowed to be cynical about the things we love and if people are suggesting we are not 'true fans' of F1 because we've had a little moan about how things could be better then I would suggest they take a closer look at how much time and effort some of these 'moaning' members have put into the sport they love over the years.

Bahrain is an artificial race and whilst I will watch and enjoy the F1 there I know in my heart of hearts that a better venue shoukd be used that will add more passion to it. Which us actually my reason Westy for loving Monaco. The colours on the cars are always so much brighter and tbe atmosphere seems to crackle at the idea that any moment a driver could make that one mistake that the track will not forgive. Its a world where F1 is understood and for me that makes up for the fact that it sometimes leads to predictable races (although as I say every year some of the most exciting F1 races I've ever seen have been at monaco).

Bahrain has none of that and doesn't have the racing either. Its like the Coke Zero of F1. You drink it and you don't mind it but at the back of your mind your thinking it would be much better drinking real Coke.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing these cars trying to get round Monte Carlo with their turbo power, loads of torque, less downforce and harder tyres. Fuel shouldn't be an issue either.

I'm not so optimistic for Bahrain unfortunately, but hey-ho, bring on China.

Back
Top Bottom