Grand Prix 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

He will be overtaken by Ricci quicker than he could say I've lost power.

Maybe. Can't help but think we use to see Webber look like he could hold his own with Seb early in the season on occasions and then get annhilated as the season went on. Lets not get too excited just yet eh?

Ecclestone seems to be using double points as a bargaining chip to ditch the sensible engines.

It's a good, old revolving door situation.

I think people need to calm down, yes it was a good race, but they are all driving to a delta, they are PU limited, tyre limited and fuel limited, they are in no way driving even close to their max, the only differences we are going to see in drivers will be caused by external circumstances that affect their races, it's possibly why we are seeing team mates very close to each other.

We've had one good race and I doubt this will occur frequently this season, it's possibly the only time we will see Hamilton and Rosberg evenly matched and goign for it. I'm not liking how the commentators and media are over-selling this race, and saying it's a big F U to Bernie and di Montzemelo and F1 is a big winner. One good race doesn't make a season.

Personally, I think Hamilton was overly aggressive with Rosberg at one point and nearly chopped him, luckily for Mercedes Rosberg backed out. As for the championship goes, this should have been a Rosberg win since it's one of his better tracks, as early as it is, I think this could be a turning point for the season.

Maldonado is just entertainment value, the NASCAR fans will enjoy his shenanigans.

McLaren have slipped down from being second quickest.

Ferrari are nowhere. Their drivers deserve better, and I don't see them recovering this season due to the fact of the in-season engine freeze, they definitely have the worst powertrain of them all.

Hulkenberg is still chasing that podium.

Perez was better all round compared to Hulkenberg, but this was his best racetrack.

Bottas is showing rookie mistakes unlike last season, seems to be 'arrogant' as Fenderman says.

Ricciardo is doing really well and has surprised us all, from getting matched by Vergne, to now matching Vettel...so far.

Sauber again anonymous for three races in a row. Caterham and Marussia are quietly going around doing their business too.

It was a great race, and personally before the race started I felt that people are over critical of this track, that's three races in a row at Bahrain where we've had good races here.

I don't understand why people are so down on this season so soon. We've had three races, one was about average, one was below average, and the third was one of the best in a long time (check out this forum for the proof).

One good race doesn't make a season.

And neither does one bad race ruin a season. Let's sit back and see where this season takes us.

There seems to be an unwritten rule on the internet where you have to slag off anything that comes along in the hopes that it will be bad and you can say "See, I told you it would be shit"

Realism I can understand, but pessimism just seems like the "cool" thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Westy

I remember the same thing happening after Australia 2010, fair enough the season overall was good, but the races weren't spectacular as the majority thought they would be thereafter. And it has happened in previous seasons aswell.

We've had two average races, if not below par, and one great one.

There's a big difference between the Mercedes car and the rest. The Mercedes powered cars are breezing past the Ferrari and Renault powered ones, while the latter two struggle to pass them despite even if they are faster, the drivers are limited, and the battle we had for the lead isn't going to be a regular occurrence either.

We aren't likely to see a resurgence by Ferrari and Renault due to the in-season engine freeze.

This season isn't over I know that, but it could certainly be much better if they handled the rules properly.

Well I think saying everything is amazing when you know it could be better is also seen as the 'cool' thing to do.

I have had this great idea though. I've always found that if I'm enjoying something it doesn't spoil it for me if someone else isn't. Equally if I hate something and someone else loves it that doesn't make me hate it any less.

For instances I hate Branston Pickle. My other half loves Branston Pickle. I have asked her why she loves Branston Pickle and when she told me I completely disagreed with her and told her why I hate Branston Pickle. We still debate it now. Neither of us though have ever said the following things though:

a) you oonly say you dislike Branston Pickle because its cool

b) You only like Branston Pickle because you've not been eating food as long as me.

c) The fact you don't like Branston Pickle shows you are not a 'true' food fan.

Now if I don't do it with Branston Pickle(and I really hate the stuff - seriously I'd blast every jar into space if I could) then why do we do it with F1?

We all have our opinions. Lets discusses em and debate them but as soon as we get into the realms of 'you only have that opinion because blah blah blah' it all just becomes name calling and hair pulling.

Also - other forums? Pfft not a patch on Apex.

No jars of Branston Pickle were harmed in the writing of this post.

I loved the race. Just wish it had been a race that had been somewhere else but Bahrain.

But I guess thats another topic.

Back
Top Bottom