Grand Prix 2013 Korean Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Mokpo's love motels welcome you to the Korean Grand Prix, situated on bleak wasteland miles away from anywhere else. Envisioned as a 'motor city', with tall buildings surrounding the circuit, it is likely that the race will drop of the calendar in the next couple of years, showing the success of the Korean venture into Formula 1. It's not a brilliant circuit to be honest, and some of the races there were rather tedious. It is, therefore, seen as one of the less memorable grands prix of the season.

In terms of the championship, Vettel's won it. Only Alonso (60 points behind with 150 left to play for) has a realistically small chance of overcoming the young German.

The only really memorable race here was the inaugural one in 2010, held in wet conditions, and finishing in the dark after an unnecessarily long red flag & safety car period. When we eventually got racing on the construction site that was the Yeongam circuit, Webber span out, Vettel's engine expired, Alonso won, the midfielders forgot how to drive and Jonathan Legard got all confused between Hamilton & Button.

To be honest, it would be easier to skip these final races and fast forward to 2014. Ah well.

Ready, Steady, Discuss!!!

Last edited:
Looks like a dry race I doubt 0.2mm of rain will have much effect.

screenshot.112.jpg

Don't tell me you actually enjoyed an F1 race LifeW12 !?!?

I really enjoyed that.

Masterclass from Vettel as usual. Superb drive from the Hulkenberg and a tip of the hat to Hamilton today,

Also a little word for JB. slowly slowly catchy monkey.

Felt a bit sorry for Grosjean ending up behind Kimi when he'd actually been the only one keeping Vettel honest all race.

Good race behind Seb. Did enough to stay ahead, struggled with tyres.

The mercs got something wrong as they had no power or too short a top gear, just no straight line speed and slow out the corners. maybe running the engines on a lower setting to save enough to end the season.

The hulk was clearly the driver of the day, doing things in a Sauber that should be impossible. Brilliant drive. If he doesn't get a top seat next year something is very broken in F1.

RoGro had a great race but Kimi gained under the safety car and ultimately made a fair pass on the track. Kimi showing his class when it counts. But like I say RoGro a little unlucky to be caught under the safety car, that could of been second.

Paul Di Resta... well...4 DNF's will he even be in F1 next year. Who knows.

Looking forward to Suzuka next week.

Korea organises are going to be slaughtered for the fire truck thing.

RoGro told to 'smile on the podium and we'll talk about this later' over the radio when the race finished.

I'm guessing Grosjean is thinking back to Silverstone when he was told to get out the way for Kimi - maybe he thought today the favour should be returned.

3 things I want to moan about from the race.
1) Why was Alonso not penalised for crossing the white line on the exit of turn 6 EVERY LAP, it almost looked deliberate
2) Teams need to realise the driver's feedback is SO important. So many drivers, not just Hamilton, were begging for a fresh set of tyres. They need to realise sometimes the tyres will go further than predicted, sometimes they won't last as long as predicted. That race was heading for a 3 stopper, the safety car bailed them out today, next time they won;t be so lucky
3) What the hell is with the marshalls. I noticed in FP1 when Gonzalez hit the wall, the marshalls had no brooms, they were picking up bits of carbon fibre bit by bit. And don't even get me started on the fire car. I'm glad the chief fire officer has been given a very stern word after that ridiculous scandal.

However, there is one thing I would like to praise, and that is the driver's racecraft today. We saw a lot of good, clean, and close racing today. Sure, the stewards are a bit busy at the moment, but the good racing has surely outweighed the clumsy stuff.

All in all, really enjoyed the race

Yes it was a pretty good race from 2nd on back, good overtaking out of DRS zones and not a lot of contact. Grosjean impressed today he'll definitely be retained after that.

Also, SOMEONE GIVE HULKENBERG A TOP DRIVE PLEASE :please::please::bawl::bawl:

As for the truck thing that was a joke, if there's one thing that confirms the removal of the event, that's it.

The marshals were a joke as well, not really a surprise, Korea & China have the most incompetent marshals of the whole season. :goodday:

Amazing timing for Vettel when the SC came out. First car into the pits and back out into the lead. As well as the quality of his car and his driving his timing and luck is incredible. This next title is simply fated.

Apart from the Incredible holding up Lewis, that was quite a good race, Lewis lost 48 seconds from his tyres going off and coming out from his stop and was lucky with the safety car, Seb is basically a race away from the title!
A lot of incidents under investigation though

That Sauber had incredible traction and Hulk was doing a great job defensively. Where was the Merc straight line speed?? And yes. Lewis knew the right front was gone and it wasn't graining,it was dead; he lost time hand over fist because of that. He wouldn't/ shouldn't have been behind hulk with a better or perhaps more responsive strategy. Not a good day for Merc today.

Back
Top Bottom