Grand Prix 2013 Korean Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Mokpo's love motels welcome you to the Korean Grand Prix, situated on bleak wasteland miles away from anywhere else. Envisioned as a 'motor city', with tall buildings surrounding the circuit, it is likely that the race will drop of the calendar in the next couple of years, showing the success of the Korean venture into Formula 1. It's not a brilliant circuit to be honest, and some of the races there were rather tedious. It is, therefore, seen as one of the less memorable grands prix of the season.

In terms of the championship, Vettel's won it. Only Alonso (60 points behind with 150 left to play for) has a realistically small chance of overcoming the young German.

The only really memorable race here was the inaugural one in 2010, held in wet conditions, and finishing in the dark after an unnecessarily long red flag & safety car period. When we eventually got racing on the construction site that was the Yeongam circuit, Webber span out, Vettel's engine expired, Alonso won, the midfielders forgot how to drive and Jonathan Legard got all confused between Hamilton & Button.

To be honest, it would be easier to skip these final races and fast forward to 2014. Ah well.

Ready, Steady, Discuss!!!

Last edited:
Lots of of bitching and whining about traffic for the drivers who didn't go fast enough in Q3 and Q2. Thus it always was, find some space guys, it's your responsibility.

Button complained in Q2 that he was held up by a lotus....didn't look like it to me. Turns out Button let the lotus through anyway on his warm up lap! Doh!

Jenson got out of Kimi's way on his warm up lap because Kimi was on his qualifying lap just as the rules says he should then when Jenson was on his qualifying lap he caught Kimi on his cool down lap, Kimi should have gotten out of the way but he didn't he held Jenson up truthfully Kimi should get a penalty and truthfully Jenson has every right to feel aggrieved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Button says he was held up by about a tenth and half but it could easily have been in a place on the track where it would be difficult for Kimi to get out of the way and is just one of those things, all I'm saying is that it is normal for a driver to feel disappointed about losing out on getting into Q3 in those circumstances.

Last edited:
Lewis needs to pay Seb back for 2011. As some will remember Vettel sent one up the inside into Turn 4 on Lap 1 and Hamilton was incredibly fair by leaving plenty of room. If he's anywhere close to being in range through sector 1, he has to make it happen on the first lap.

MCLS - Never been won from pole, the Korean GP!
Well, there's a first for everything. I reckon tomorrow it will be won from pole for the first time.
Anyway I'm not gonna bother set my alarm. If I wake up in time, I will watch. If not, I won't watch. Maybe I'll dream of an exciting GP :)

Yet again, Williams stink up the grid, being in lowly 17th and 18th positions! Marussia may have their hands full with them tomorrow.:facepalm:

Murray's moments on BBC - he did not have any so he decided to talk about his favourite driver instead IL Leone - Nigel Mansell for his fighting spirit and memorable passes that led to wins and a guy who should have been multiple champ

Clearly that says a lot about Korea:yawn::sleeping:

As for Vettel I think they should do a GP highlights of 2 minutes show if Vettel leads first corner and wins from there to save us from having to listen to the imminent booing

Last edited:
I hope this is the last Korean GP again bent politicians trying to please Bernie but have not bought anything to F1 with their false promises

Back
Top Bottom