Grand Prix 2013 Korean Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Mokpo's love motels welcome you to the Korean Grand Prix, situated on bleak wasteland miles away from anywhere else. Envisioned as a 'motor city', with tall buildings surrounding the circuit, it is likely that the race will drop of the calendar in the next couple of years, showing the success of the Korean venture into Formula 1. It's not a brilliant circuit to be honest, and some of the races there were rather tedious. It is, therefore, seen as one of the less memorable grands prix of the season.

In terms of the championship, Vettel's won it. Only Alonso (60 points behind with 150 left to play for) has a realistically small chance of overcoming the young German.

The only really memorable race here was the inaugural one in 2010, held in wet conditions, and finishing in the dark after an unnecessarily long red flag & safety car period. When we eventually got racing on the construction site that was the Yeongam circuit, Webber span out, Vettel's engine expired, Alonso won, the midfielders forgot how to drive and Jonathan Legard got all confused between Hamilton & Button.

To be honest, it would be easier to skip these final races and fast forward to 2014. Ah well.

Ready, Steady, Discuss!!!

Last edited:
Typhoon Fitow is heading in the general direction of the Korean Peninsula. The latest track pushed it a bit further West and it appears as if the worst weather will be on Monday in Yeongam which is in the extreme SW portion of South Korea. I think they might just get this race run as scheduled because any delays will be detrimental.

Fitow.jpg

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/typhoon-fitow-china-korea/18392275

Could pick up a back marker and place him first! Now there's a thought :D
Someone who's still going round the circuit in Singapore maybe?

Unfortunately they are pretty accurate these days with their forecasting. But they won't hang around much after the race.

All quite close in FP2 with Hammy top of the pile. We might be in for a race on Sunday.

Kimi's accident response.

"I hit the wall."

What Mansells response would have been to the same accident.

"Ahh, ahh, uhh, uhh." Flops head to one side and slowly removes steering wheel looking like he is in great pain, panting he unbuckles his harness with great difficulty and a show of pain he slumps back into his seat "Ohh hu,hu I'm in trouble and in great pain, I need an ambulance." Nigel manages to slump over the side of the car and rolls onto the floor where he remains stationary until an ambulance arrives and takes him to the medical centre.

Everyone waits anxiously for news of our Nige', the news comes, theres nothing wrong with him.....

Last edited:
Vettel fastest in FP3 and quickest over all practice sessions. Look like another pole position unless Lewis can get the perfect lap.

EASY pole for Seb. Another easy win coming for Seb tomorrow.
Predictions now for Seb - 2nd gap after 1st lap?
I am going 1.8 seconds

Back
Top Bottom