Pre-Season 2012 Testing: Jerez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can watch F1 for free on the local terrestial broadcaster LNT although that is a commercial channel with constant ads.
A band of ads runs across the lower quarter of the screen constantly and full scfreen ad breaks about every ten minutes.
I can RTL transmission on my cable feed which costs about £12 per month.
It was only the fact that Sky are offering such great coverage that I decided to go ahead with it.
After all it only works out to about £8 a week.Good value for money I thought.

I watched F1 on speed once. It was just like a flash forward to watching "extended highlights" on BBC 2012.
Maybe you only saw the follow-on rather than the live? i've found them to be pretty good. And half the team are Brits anyway.

I watch F1 on SPEED and have not been disappointed. No, it is not as good as the BeeB at its best and I am sure that Sky will be awesome. However, for a channel that is obviously trying to reign in a heavily casual market they do a very good job. People bash the commentary team but I find them very likable. As I said, they are not a patch on their British (and I am sure of nation's) F1 coverage, but they do a good job.

I don't know if it is possible, but is there a way to watch any of the pre-season testing online? I'd like to see the cars going around the circuit. Thanks everyone.

With the Lotus looking quick, might be worth a punt on Kimi for WDC at 20 to 1. :thinking:

Screen Shot 2012-02-10 at 10.32.03.png

Don't miss a trick do they
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7493337/F1-testing-day-four Ted Kravitz: “Here’s a fascinating little snippet I’ve noticed in the pits: there’s a junior Red Bull technician standing on the pitwall at the end of the pitlane, where drivers are practicing their starts. In his hand he’s got a professional sound recording device – the kind that we broadcasters sometimes use for podcasts or recording sound. What Red Bull are doing is using it to record each driver’s practice starts.

“By listening to the engine note, they can time how long each car is spinning its wheels before it gains traction and the engine can start going through the gears. It’s not exactly spying, as any team is free to do it and it’s a public pit lane. But what it shows is that Red Bull want to know whether any of their rivals have come up with something that will give them great starts in the season to come.”

Afaraid not

14:19 Oliver Turvey is out on the McLaren pitwall, headphones on. The former McLaren AUTOSPORT BRDC Award winner last drove an F1 car last week as he shook down the MP4-27.

I thought Turvey drove the shakedown test?

Lets remember that the Lotus was very quick at the begining of last season - hence the fact Petrov and Heidfeld scored early podiums. Lets also remember that come the end of the season they were being beaten by Caternham!

Still - despite not knowing fuel loads etc etc I can;t help but feel Grosjean has looked on a par with Kimi during the testing. Def made a few doubters think again I hope.

Of course the proof won't be there until we eat the pudding!

Don't miss a trick do they
And yet when McLaren stood looking at the Ferrari in very similar circumstances last season many made a big hoo-hah about it, whilst of course ignoring the fact that Ferrari had done exactly the same thing ... :dunno:

Lets remember that the Lotus was very quick at the begining of last season - hence the fact Petrov and Heidfeld scored early podiums. Lets also remember that come the end of the season they were being beaten by Caternham!

That was only in one race at a freak circuit where the car was at it's weakest, it wasn't regularly, a bit like Toyota back in 2009, front runner in most races, but at the back of the field getting beat by Force India and Toro Rosso - both teams back then where backmarkers - at Monaco.

And yeah, Grosjean seems to be a bit underated, I always thought he deserved a second chance, seems much stronger after winning that GP2 title.

Him and Vergne are ones to look out for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom