Pre-Season 2012 Testing: Jerez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't Ferrari the leading team when the exhaust gases got reduced to 10%? Not sure why they felt that they needed to take the risk and build a new car, updating the last one throughout the season surely should have helped them.
But then I did read that others would have caught up in the next few races. :thinking:

Weren't Ferrari the leading team when the exhaust gases got reduced to 10%? Not sure why they felt that they needed to take the risk and build a new car, updating the last one throughout the season surely should have helped them.
But then I did read that others would have caught up in the next few races. :thinking:

I think Ferrari's problems were complex to say the least. The one problem they never got on top of was getting heat into their tyres for one lap qualifying. Alonso has already stated that this hasn't been an issue with the new car, even in the low temperatures they've been testing in. Despite so many concentrating on reporting negatives, I'm guessing Ferrari should be looking strong by the end of testing in Barcelona.

It's only a matter of time until Ferrari hit the nail on the head again and win a championship. I'm not saying that this is the year, but it can't be too far off in the future.

I have to say that I was very impressed with Caterham's durability. They may not have been as fast as the others, but their reliability must be a positive for them. The lap counter also bodes well for the Force India team.

It's only a matter of time until Ferrari hit the nail on the head again and win a championship. I'm not saying that this is the year, but it can't be too far off in the future.

I have to say that I was very impressed with Caterham's durability. They may not have been as fast as the others, but their reliability must be a positive for them. The lap counter also bodes well for the Force India team.

The only difference between our thinking is my belief that this could be Ferrari's year. I'll repeat what I've already said. At Jerez they set a faster lap time than both Red Bull and McLaren in a car that's had no development. Yes they have some issues but I believe they'll get their breakthrough before Australia. Who knows how quick they could become when they launch into their development program and start working on setup.

I don't really care who wins, as long as it's close this year! (actually a couple of years of total Ferrari dominance might cause plummeting uk viewing figures and get F1 back from sky, go 'nando!)

Ferrari say they are not happy with their car as they can't get a consistent balance maybe the should revert back to a push rode front suspension...

I don't care who wins or how close i is as long as its not Red-bull, which it will be

I don't think Red Bull will get close to the run they had last year. The only GP last year where all the teams had their blown diffuser use restricted, Ferrari won by 16sec's in a car that could hardly have been called competitive.
Don't read too much into the teething problems they've had in the first test. Their fastest lap was quicker than both McLaren and Red Bull, not too bad for a new car I would have thought. I doubt very much that they'll turn up in Barcelona carrying the same issues they had in Jerez. As I've said on a previous thread, this Ferrari is a completely new car, not an evolution, it will take a little longer to get it working. They will, and they will before Australia and it could well be Red Bull doing the catching up.

I don't think Red Bull will get close to the run they had last year. The only GP last year where all the teams had their blown diffuser use restricted, Ferrari won by 16sec's in a car that could hardly have been called competitive.
Don't read too much into the teething problems they've had in the first test. Their fastest lap was quicker than both McLaren and Red Bull, not too bad for a new car I would have thought. I doubt very much that they'll turn up in Barcelona carrying the same issues they had in Jerez. As I've said on a previous thread, this Ferrari is a completely new car, not an evolution, it will take a little longer to get it working. They will, and they will before Australia and it could well be Red Bull doing the catching up.
And I'm gonna hope for that..

I hope your right but I can't forget Hamilton holding Vettel up for a whole stint in silverstone, vettel couldn't get past and had to pit while alonso was building a lead

Don't forget the mishap Red Bull had when Vettel pitted, that would account for a large chunk of that 16 seconds. Personally I'm hoping Mercedes will produce a car that can occasionally mix it with Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari and hopefully steal a win or two, it would be great to see Rosberg take his maiden win or for Schumacher to make a return to greatness. Hell I even wouldn't mind if Massa fluked one...

Distressing to hear that the tyres are more durable than last year. Not sure that was really the idea?

"For the most part the McLaren, Lotus, Williams and the midfield cars ran pretty reliably."

So does James not consider Williams to be one of the midfield cars? Does he think they're ahead of the midfield cars, or behind them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom