• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome d'Ambrosio

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hamilton. This was a superb performance, and has shown the red bulls that the battle is joined. It has also shown the watching masses, whoever they support that there is more than one name in the frame this season.

Someone voted Jaime Alguersuari?
Oh well, takes all sorts I guess.

I expect that person voted for Jaime because they miss-read the thread title. If I was voting for "Driver of the three Wheeler" award, then Jaime would get my vote, for sure.. ;)

However, as there isn't a Wheel-shedded Driver award, I suppose I will have to be satisfied with voting for the, hum-drum, driver of the weekend, again. LOL

I voted for Nico Rosberg. Qualified well in a less than great Mercedes car, lead the race for a brief time and out performed his multi-wdc team mate again.

'morning everyone. :D

I went for Hamilton, despite Webber's flabbergasting pace.

It was a complex race in difficult conditions where nobody could afford to take it easy due constant extreme pressure being exerted on pretty much every single one of the lot today.

But there's this ittle thing about an F1 race, which determines that the driver completing the distance in the shortest possible time whatever the race throws at them, wins the race.

Today the race threw a hell of a lot at pretty much everyone.

And Lewis came out on top.

Webber for me, but Lewis was close. Ok, his quali was appalling though not all his fault, but 15 places in the race was a superb effort!

I voted for Nico Rosberg. Qualified well in a less than great Mercedes car, lead the race for a brief time and out performed his multi-wdc team mate again.

Did you see Rosberg's post race interview? He was gutted and very hard on himself. He described his race as "horrible".

I thought he put up a really good fight, his desperation to win is coming through.

I think he was disappointed he could have a got a podium and probably dedicated it to Jock Clear who had his last race as an engineer a few hours ago.

Driver of the week? Lewis Hamilton. No contest. Webber had a great drive through the field, but Lewis' last stint was a masterclass in everything, particularly in overtaking. He is still the master of that ahead of Kamui, especially if you look at who he was overtaking.

I don't want to put a downer on things but there seems to be a pattern emerging with DotW and CotW, The driver who has been voted the best for one race gets voted the worst the race after. Does this mean we are to expect a chumpish performance from Hammy in Turkey?

As a fan of the minnow teams, I have gone for Jerome D'Ambrosio for completely outpacing Timo Glock all weekend, finshed some 30 secs ahead at the line and outqualified him by 0.6 secs.

Hamilton, Webber, Rosberg & Kovalainen were all fanastic too.

That was one of Hamilton's greatest wins, didn't he do a similar thing in a race in '08? Webber what a charge through the field (he was P15 on lap 27!). Rosberg looked good for a podium finish for the majority of the race, shame about the short fuel. Heikki beat a Williams on merit, fair play.

Solid drives from Massa, Schumacher & Kobayashi.

Do you mean in Hockenheim when the safety car compromised him? That was kind of similar but not aginast the same level of competition.

I've got to say that was one of the best races I've seen for years and we didn't need rain / sprinklers.
Hamilton gets it from me for handling the pressure of not knowing he would even start then channelling it into a superb drive.
Honourable mentions to Webber, Massa, Rosberg and Di Resta.

I've thought about this long and hard - was always going to be a toss up between Hamilton and Webber - finally went with Webber - he's an old boy and might be out of the sport next year (depending on how many cats in bags he can find). Hamilton has a few more years to go before he is in the position - sentimental, stupid or fair?

I like it, jen, Webber because you don't think he's going to get too many votes in future!

Not really what I said, he could astound us all this season (and that was an astonishing drive, even if he cocked up quali) - whatever way you look at it he is on a swansong :disappointed:. If only he had had a decent car years ago - always rated his abilities and always been disappointed for him.

Back
Top Bottom