Your most incredible moments

Mansell around the outsite of Berger on the Peraltada in Mexico 1990.

Jean Alesi overtaking both Ferrari's in a pretty crappy Tyrell on the first lap at Monza only for the race to be stopped and him to do the exact same thing again on the first lap of the restart.

Kobiayashi overtaking pretty much everyone he got anyone near at the harpin in Japan (2010 or 2011?) when every other bugger found it impossible to overtake.

Jos Versteppens pit lane fire! brown trousser time for me and I was sat at home on the sofa so god knows how the mechanics felt!

Senna's first lap at Donnington 1993.

Mansell stopping to pick Senna up and give him a lift at the British GP 1991.

I probably have countless more.

Senna chasing Schumacher at Brazil in 94, and spinning out....:o

Schumacher and Hakkinen flying out of Eau Rouge, and both closing in on Zonta at a huge rate of speed, and at the same time. Michael went to the left, and Mika to the right of Zonta, with Hakkinen coming out the winner in that exchange.

2007 U.S Grand Prix....Alonso slipstreaming and attempting to pass Hamilton on the main straight without success, and David Hobbs saying, " Hamilton is just not giving an inch, and Alonso is trying to get the kid to break, and the kid is just not having it. "

I think one of my first and most vivid memories is Mansell's tyre obliterating at around 190mph at Adelaide in 1986.
Watching Senna's deadly crash live is also heavily imprinted in my mind.

Other moments include:
Hamilton taking the championship on the final corner of the final lap of the final race in 2008.
Hakkinen's move on Schumacher in Spa 2000.
Raikkonen's stunning overtakes in Suzuka 2005.
Verstappens fireball.
Coulthard flipping Schumacher the bird during the 1993 French GP.

That'll do for now.

Olivier Panis winning in Monaco 1996
Stewart GPs one-two in Germany 1999
Markus Winckelhock leading a race in 2008
Lewis Hamilton winning the WDC in 2008 in the last corner of the race
Lewis Hamilton giving the WDC away the year before (especially the gravel trap in China)

Lewis Hamilton giving the WDC away the year before (especially the gravel trap in China)

Lewis didn't give it away.........That blame can be laid on the doorstep, right where it belongs on the Mclaren pitwall, which included both Ron Dennis and Martin Whitmarsh. If the pitwall would have followed the advice of Bidgestone's director of motorsport development Hirohide Hamashima, who advised that Lewis be brought in 5 laps earlier.......Hamilton if he had finished in the points, could have won the 2007 WDC in his rookie year.

There are too many incredible moments for me so I have decided to separated them out by decade.

First, the 90s:

Prost wins 1990 Mexican GP from 13th on the grid
Alesi wins his one and only GP, the 1995 Canadian GP
Berger wins this 1995 German GP after almost 4 years without wins for the Scuderia
Schumacher wins the 1996 Spanish GP under appalling conditions
Ferrari wins the 1999 constructor's, first title in 16 years

=> The first race that I watched flag to flag was Spain in 1986 (are they all that close :ermmm:)
=> Berger Mexico '86
=> Mansell and his errant Goodyear at Adelaide '86
=> Senna in the active suspension Lotus not pitting at Monza at '87, spinning (apparently) on some Ghinzani Osella oil, losing the lead to Piquet by several seconds and chasing him to a second or two at the flag
=> Senna Suzuka '88
=> Capelli Ricard '90

=> Senna in the active suspension Lotus not pitting at Monza '87,

I know you've been wanting to see this for a while ZakspeedYakspeed, sorry it took so long, and sorry it's in Japanese. :dunno:

That's the only full length version of Italy 87 that I've ever seen. The BBC Highlights don't show much of Senna's chase after the off. Anyway, the Japanese commentary is quite good. :D

- Raikkonen from last place, to overtaking Fisichella for first on the last lap. ( I saw this after a party, quit drunk and had to watch it again the next day, cause it didn't make sense at the moment.) :D

- Hamilton pushing the wrong button at Brazil 2007.

- Hamilton and Massa's title fight at Brazil 2008.

- Vettel's first pole and win at Monza.

- Massa and Kubica's fight in the rain at Fuji.

Last edited:
People keep saying Massa/Kubica in the rain at Fuji and I have no memory of it at all and having got all the recent seasons reviews I'm at a loss to why its passed me by when so many people were moved by it. I even have a soft spot for both drivers!

Was it as good as Mansell/Alesi in the rain Suzuka 1994?

Back
Top Bottom