Your favourite moment of 2012

I think I agree with Pat - seeing Williams back up there was a dream come true, side by side with Caterham would have been better.

It seems bad not to feel a single driver achievement was the making of the season, we certainly had plenty of those, whatever your bias, but as a long term F1 fan I loved to see Williams up there.

I think the crowning achievement of 2012 will be if the same rules can generate an exciting season in 2013, it's been a decade or so since the F1 formula stood up to being applied consistently for two seasons - I certainly hope I'm wrong :)

That beats Massa's performance in Brazil ans Alonso wining in Germany.

Do you mean whining or winning? Because he does a lot of both :snigger:

Kimi winning at Abu Dhabi was the highlight followed closely by the Vettel/Hamilton battle in the US

Alonso's win in Valencia, it's the first time since his title win in 2006 that I'd seen such raw emotion from the Spaniard. It really did make me like Alonso a bit more than normal. Plus to win such an incident packed and entertaining grand prix in the blistering heat of Valencia. Plus the celebrations on the cool down lap were very similar to those of Senna's 1991 home Brazilian win :).

Although it was a somewhat obscure moment, I will never forget Lewis getting completely sideways in qualifying at Silverstone and somehow, someway saving it. Coulthard's accompanying commentary made it even better, as he had already uttered "And Hamilton's spun!". It's that kind of control that makes me marvel at these guys.

I can almost forget about the racing because I had two F1-related once-in-a-lifetime opportunities this season.

1. Went to Monaco - Amber Lounge after party, my friend having a dance-off with DC, standing next to Naomi Campbell at Hotel de Paris, the list goes on and on.
2. Getting the opportunity to work with Williams on their new site - Only a few weeks left before you guys get to see it. They gave us a factory tour and I even got wind-tunnel access. It has been an absolute pleasure.
3. Stuff from behind the TV - The ever building excitement of the first part of the season. Not knowing who was in with a chance at victory each weekend and seeing the midfield and front-runners become one for a while. However, given that's not a moment I am going to go for Lewis vs. Seb at Austin. A moment from the latter stages of the season. There was a look in Lewis' eyes and a steadfastness in his resolve before the race that said "I am going to win" and I believed it and he delivered. The matter in which the battle to that victory played out over the course of the entire race made for a rare and classic piece of mouthwatering racing between two of the world's best.

First corner at Melbourne, watching Jense get the better of Lewis off the startline, just a shame the mid season was so disappointing for him, then Mclaren got it spot on for him in Spa and he was untouchable again. This is the side of McLaren I want to see this year, get it right for Jense and he will deliver the WDC.. :)

Although it was a somewhat obscure moment, I will never forget Lewis getting completely sideways in qualifying at Silverstone and somehow, someway saving it. Coulthard's accompanying commentary made it even better, as he had already uttered "And Hamilton's spun!". It's that kind of control that makes me marvel at these guys.
Was that las lap of quali after the restart? I was watching from the new pit straight but without commentary. Lewis came round Club badly held up by Alonso ( who was trying to make himself space) to the point Lewis was trying to overtake him down the pitt straight on the quali lap in the wet!!! Next time round Lewis was further back so had obviously backed off and was trying for the next lap....but this was his last chance....oh my God ...wetting mysel!!! Watched with breath held and Lewis came scrambling sideways round club and miraculously got It straight and qualified ...8 th was it? In a badly behaving Mclaren.
Is that the bit you mean? If not that Bit was WELL good!!! :D

in a supposed "donkey" of a Ferrari, when Kimi, IMHO, made more of a LOT less all season long.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lotus was seen by many punters (Gary Anderson among them) to be a better car than the Ferrari for the majority of the season... in fact it was deemed to be the best at some some tracks.
During onboard shots it certainly looked less of a handful coming out of slow corners.
It was also far easier on its tyres and probably right up there with the Sauber in that department.

Back
Top Bottom