Current Williams

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Yes but it is almost as if Paddy is being hung out to dry... no one is questioning Claire's leadership because pretty sure Williams wrote off last season to start building on this year's car early

Il_leone

Champion Elect
:facepalm::o:oops::givemestrength:Even more problems at Williams is that they have not got all the parts to do a proper testing until Friday now

Formula 1 testing 2019: Williams describe delayed start to testing as 'embarrassing'

This is not embarrassing but actually shocking

Again the vultures seem to be out for Paddy Lowe. Amazing how he decided to swap life in the fast lane to be at the back in a space of 2 years and a bit.

Suggestions there is mutiny at Williams turning against Lowe. Now if Paddy is the one supposedly leading the car design then he is not doing a great but Williams have had a lot of engineers leave and this is not helping.

Amazing how it looks quite easy to manage at Mercedes when you have plenty of resources at your disposal compared to Williams who don't have the same man power now probably clear leadership

Whilst Paddy is in the firing line .. then who do Williams turn to replace him ? I can only think of Tim Goss using all his years at Mclaren who would be available but what Williams need is someone like Ross Brawn so it seems to organise them

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Interesting insight given by Rob Smedley who left Williams in that he found the engineers tended to work in silos and did not really share things with each other

Now that amazes me a team like Williams with limited resources has such set up. It does not seem Paddy or Claire are able to fix it to be honest whether that is down to a lack of respect for either or siege mentality . It is certainly holding Williams back

Andyoak

Race Winner
Wouldn't Rob Smedley have been part of the problem?
Surely, as recent head of vehicle performance he had responsibility to break down that mentality...

Il_leone

Champion Elect
gethinceri I concur wholeheartedly seeing this with the team I work with because its about ego - " I'm in the expert why should I be taking orders from an outsider or what do they know about X ?"

You look at Williams in recent times post Patrick Head they've had Mike Coughlan, Pat Symonds , Rob Smedley and Paddy Lowe. These guys have experience building and helping create race winning and championship teams and none of them have managed to help Williams back to the glory days

There was a mentioning of cultural change at Williams but I do wonder if Paddy Lowe is only part of the problem and NOT the problem at Williams

There is a lot of blaming at his door but it is not that simple

James Allison must be glad he did not pick Williams when he left Ferrari

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Premium Contributor
gethinceri ...
You look at Williams in recent times post Patrick Head they've had Mike Coughlan, Pat Symonds , Rob Smedley and Paddy Lowe. These guys have experience building and helping create race winning and championship teams and none of them have managed to help Williams back to the glory days....
Yes, all those have been at the top previously; one failing could just be that person, four failing means a deeper problem in the top end of the management.

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
Well the writing was on the wall for him when they missed first few days of testing. The noises coming out of the team were that he was being blamed by staff from bottom level to top.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
yes this was coming & if im honest im amazed he got this far. as this going very similar to in football we always joke about the dreaded vote of confidence & we know when a manager of a struggling team about to get the sack. when the chairman says he still has 100% faith in him

Lowe feels secure in his position at Williams despite 2018 F1 struggles - RaceFans

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/amp/2018/08/williams-still-have-full-confidence-in-paddy-lowe-despite-their-dire-season/

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lowe-brushes-off-speculation-about-his-future/

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
would I right that Greenlantern101 bar 2008 all them titles were because the team had gotten a big advtange because of rules reset
92 - active suspension
98 & 99 - narrower cars
2014 - 16 - Hybrid engines

Il_leone I watched the Williams move & I thought it was fascinating, love his early life I didnt really know much about that. ill weirdly found many moments funny. my favourite was the stories at he found his eventual wife, because she & her husband to be ended up at his garage with 3 months to go to her wedding. they did get married but she left him for frank. or how she sat outside his house for a week hoping "bump" into him while going for a paper. I bet that ex-husband could never watch F1, as he'd keep seeing the guy that nicked my fiancée LOL

Top Bottom