Current Williams

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Just watched Williams documentary tonight and there is a tear to see how such a legend of the sport has fallen thus far.

The sacrifices Frank Williams and his family made to get to the top even after endless years of failure is what Formula One teams should be about and not these manufacturers who come and go as they please. Then to see current turmoil they are in and the fall out between Claire and Jonathan is quite tragic.

I'd recommend it to anyone who is a true F1 fan

Il_leone

Champion Elect
We get to see the vulnerable side of Frank we don't normally see because he has built up this reputation as a hard nosed man but if certain people had not stuck with him then he would be on the streets.

He still believes Williams can make it back to the top

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Sadly it sounds like things are going from bad to worse at Williams; they have not managed to make it to the first day of testing - they are due to arrive on day two (as the car is not yet finished).

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Williams are now also going to miss day 2 of testing tomorrow (apparently). To me, this signals one of two things:
  1. Williams are on the verge of going under, and are desperately trying to stave off the creditors
  2. Williams have managed to design a super-fast car, and are hiding it from the other teams for as long as possible, so as to maintain their competitive advantage...

BradMan

Rookie
Williams are now also going to miss day 2 of testing tomorrow (apparently). To me, this signals one of two things:
  1. Williams are on the verge of going under, and are desperately trying to stave off the creditors
  2. Williams have managed to design a super-fast car, and are hiding it from the other teams for as long as possible, so as to maintain their competitive advantage...
That 2nd point is hilarious!!!!... sorry TA, just the cynical side of me coming out

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
The BBC are suggesting this could be the end for Paddy Lowe, unless the car turns out to be a monster!

RasputinLives

Not dead
Contributor
I really want them to do well. But I can't help but fear the worst both for this season and the team as a whole.

Part of me hopes they pull out of F1 whilst still a functioning company and enter teams in other series until they have recovered enough to come back into F1 at a better time.

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Il_leone he is the technical director; bosses always have someone who can take the fall instead of them!

The BBC are suggesting that the Williams is expected to be 2 seconds a lap slowed than last year’s car; Ferrari were two seconds a lap faster than last year’s car on day one of the test......

Top Bottom