Williams garage on Fire & explosion

The biggest problem apparently is the IT infrastructure which can't be replaced in the short term.

McLaren have offered to loan any equipment they need for Monaco.

:) sounds like everyone is out of danger.

Mon, 14 May 18:20:32 2012
The Williams F1 team has confirmed that a further two team members have been released from hospital and have returned home after being treated for smoke inhalation following its pit garage fire at the Spanish grand prix.

One member of the team, who suffered burns in the incident, remains in hospital in Spain but is expected to return to the UK for further treatment within the next 48 hours.

A statement from Williams reported that investigations into the cause of the fire are still on-going.
Team principal Sir Frank Williams said he was pleased to have been able to welcome the majority of the team back to the factory on Monday.
"I was pleased to welcome back to the factory the majority of our team this morning. One of our people remains in Spain for further medical assistance, but we are all looking forward to his imminent return," Williams said.
"Everyone at Williams F1 is extremely relieved that this event was contained as quickly as it was and the damage which occurred was, relatively speaking, limited in its nature.
"While the incident was unexpected and definitely most undesirable, it has demonstrated the genuine cohesiveness, camaraderie and spirit of co-operation that exists within the Formula One paddock.
"The astonishing response from the teams and other paddock personnel was immediate, unconditional and overwhelming."

What gets me in this picture (4th one), is one of the Williams team members is in obvious trouble and they are being helped out by a passer by, this all looked like everyone and anyone helped, which is great, but I would imagine serious questions need to be asked of F1 set ups for Pits. Have we had anything from F1/FIA other that the standard press release? Just ermmmm Monaco, this repeats itself and well everything is so close................

Back
Top Bottom