Williams flotation.

sportsman

Sidecar racers have the biggest cojones
Contributor
Not the best start.Seems as though there are not many investors interested in F1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12622406
Shares in the Williams Formula 1 team have fallen on their first day of trading on the Frankfurt stock exchange.
Williams Grand Prix Holdings were 6% lower by lunchtime at 23.70 euros, after starting at 25.25 euros.

Not looking too great for Williams :(

Also its been bugging me for a while, but who is the driver in your avatar sportsman?

My all time F1 favourite driver.None other than Jim Clark OBE (RIP).
He is sitting in a Lotus 49b in Gold Leaf livery. 1967/8 not 100% sure on that.

My all time F1 favourite driver.None other than Jim Clark OBE (RIP).
He is sitting in a Lotus 49b in Gold Leaf livery. 1967/8 not 100% sure on that.
How did Tooncheese not know that? :whistle:

He's one of my favourites too. Hence the name of my FantasyF1 team, 'Team Clarkhill'.
Hill and Clark in that car are the main reason that I
a) became hooked on Formula One, and
b) became hooked on Gold Leaf cigarettes.
It took me another 30 years or so to kick the smoking habit, but I never did manage to shake off the F1 addiction. LOL

I think the red livery threw me off course a bit, as he died before the second race of 1968. I normally see him in a green lotus, or without a helmet. Glad thats cleared up :)

jim-clark-lotus-49t-warwick-farm-1968.jpg

Here's one of Jim in a Gold Leaf Lotus 49t, 1968

The share price has no real effect on Williams finances.All of the shares sold were owned by Patrick Head and Frank himself.
The money raised went into their pockets.It did not benefit the team at all.
Both Frank and Patrick wanted to turn their respective shares in cash.They could't find a buyer so they sold them on the Stock exchange.

Williams shares are now down to €20.Still not time to buy.Wait a bit longer and you will get them for around €18 or maybe less.

Back
Top Bottom