Who is the luckiest driver?

On one hand we have Heidfeld and on the other, de Cesaris!
This does always raise the question of who really are car-breakers? - or just get inordinately the run of the green within the team when it comes to reliability?

Look back to 1991, for instance. In that year, Ayrton Senna suffered from lots of mechanical unreliability, but I believe he only retired once due to this unreliability. Berger, on the other hand, was retiring every other race with some mechanical problem or another. Was Senna just lucky? Or was he driving around the problems?

I realised the other day, gone has the nervousness surrounding reliability, apart from collisions and the odd the wheel nut failure it seems highly unlikely that a car will fail towards the end of a GP. I think Vettel and Hamilton have been the most recent front runner victims of this with laps to go.

I realised the other day, gone has the nervousness surrounding reliability, apart from collisions and the odd the wheel nut failure it seems highly unlikely that a car will fail towards the end of a GP. I think Vettel and Hamilton have been the most recent front runner victims of this with laps to go.

Of the top 6 this season, there have only been 2 retirements due to unreliability - Massa in Spain and Button in the Nurburgring - pretty incredible really!

Of the top 6 this season, there have only been 2 retirements due to unreliability - Massa in Spain and Button in the Nurburgring - pretty incredible really!
Of course!
Maybe this is another reason for the gimmicks, now this excitement has relatively disappeared.

Back
Top Bottom