Poll Who do you think will win the championship?

Who do you think will win the championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A poll is a snapshot of opinion taken at a specific time or over a short period. It's not a quiz, it doesn't matter if one is right or wrong in the end. Why change your mind?

\it would be an unwanted record that Rosberg will break not to win the championship this year

somehow his steady consistency is proving to be a crucial factor

Rosberg's to lose now, surely? If Hamilton wins now you've got to think Rosberg will be crushed.

A poll is a snapshot of opinion taken at a specific time or over a short period. It's not a quiz, it doesn't matter if one is right or wrong in the end. Why change your mind?

That's why they only do one poll in the run up to an election then?

I just wondered if people still had faith that Hamilton could come back into it after this weekend or if everyone shifted towards Rosberg.

Well the poll is now closed so it is a snap shot of peoples 'faith' prior to Suzuka.

I'm sure a new poll post Suzuka would look very different.

Lewis Hamilton. Why?

Because it is mathematically possible.

Besides maybe God - although such a thing does not exist - will hear his prayers.

I tend to steer clear of Religious discussions, but this comment got me because I had a very similar thought while watching a football game this weekend. Texas A&M was lining up for a game-winning field goal attempt, and the camera cuts to the Tennessee quarterback who is visibly praying on the sideline. Of course I don't know his exact prayers, but for sure he was hoping the kicker would fail, and miss the kick. Juxtapose this with the kicker's family and teammates, some of whom were undoubtedly praying that he would make the field goal.

Now imagine that there is some divine being out there in tune with these requests. Deliberating the merits of each, carefully pondering the weighty ramifications of the next action. Then consider the fact that there is likely millions of other people around the world issuing their own appeals for assistance at that very same moment in time. Heavy stuff.

And if anyone cares, the kicker missed, but his team won in Overtime anyway.

There again this superior being may say the PC acceptable version of, sod off really can't be bothered with this s:censored:t and ignore them all, I would, lot more important things for a superior being to be concerned with than some "sports person" wanting a favour to win:bawl: assuming the superior being wasn't some form of alien and has long since departed or become extinct:thinking::dunno: Do these public prayers lose faith when they continually lose or fail to achieve?, I can understand the old Mediterranean and South American racers who crossed themselves before a race, quite often it was their last day on earth, whether it helped, who knows?

It's just got a whole lot tougher for Hamilton but I wouldn't right him off until it's mathematically impossible for him to win the title. He will dig deep, very deep, it may not be enough but the last four GP's should be stunning.

My hunch, admittedly biased, is that Lewis will fail to handle the stress and mess up again in Austin, leaving him an even more emotional wreck, more prone to gaffs outside the car, and more of a headache for his employers. This would of course be more fodder for the journalists but not add much to the racing. Rosberg would sail serenely on to his first WDC.

I hope I'm wrong. Ideally Lewis nails the start, fights tooth and nail with Rosberg until the final lap when Rosberg's engine blows giving Lewis 25 much needed points.

K thinking yesterday this is 1st title & as we all know pressure does funny things to people. Who knows if he may crack at some point, As i was thinking of 2010 as mark webber shouldve been world champion but he pushed when he shouldve brought it home jn korea & then made suicidal strategy call to be stuck behind petrov & forget vettel

Back
Top Bottom