Poll Who do you think will win the championship?

Who do you think will win the championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still think Hamilton will do it. He probably needs to win 4 of the remaining 5, but he has the pace for that; don't think Rosberg can stop him. And Merc 1-2s are becoming something of a rarity, so it just takes a 3rd or 4th for Nico somewhere to produce another big swing in the points.

In the 5 races to go Mercedes were dominant in them all. Their main challengers were Ferrari, I cannot see them being a threat this season and the Red Bulls were simply not on the pace. Assuming no failures or being run into the odds are that there will be 5 1-2s. We saw yesterday how they could dominate on a track which has not been one of their best ones.

Of these 5 circuits last year Rosberg won 3 of them. All he needs is 4 seconds and one win. I would expect it to be a close thing, probably going down to Abu Dhabi. What an awful track/location to hope for an open race.

I still think it's Hamilton's to lose. On any given day he's faster than Rosberg and he has the mental edge, it's only that circumstances have dealt him a few bad hands. Things can change really quickly though and Hamilton may as well win all the races left ...

now that I think of if I'm really bad at forecasting (2015 Team Mate Prediction - Game) so I hope I'm not jinxing him ...

I've got a sneaky feeling that we' ll be seeing at least another race-ending incident (mechanical or otherwise) for either driver before the season ends, and that it will either seal it for one or put the other right back in it...

Last edited:
Of these 5 circuits last year Rosberg won 3 of them. All he needs is 4 seconds and one win. I would expect it to be a close thing, probably going down to Abu Dhabi. What an awful track/location to hope for an open race.
2nd places for Mercedes's are rare this year. On average the 2nd Mercedes scored 13 points. If this trend continues, Rosberg needs 2 wins out of the 5 last races.

Nico's time may have come.

I find myself wondering if a Championship for Rosberg may actually help Hamilton's legacy in a few decades. Oh, and Nico's too :D

I doubt it. If Nico wins, it will cement this as the era of Mercedes dominance (rather than Hamilton's dominance), and that will the legacy in couple of decades. (Unless Nico switches teams and then wins for a different team as well.)

I've gone for Hamilton. On a normal race weekend he is quicker than his teammate and I just think he will do enough to clinch the title.

Despite last weekend I still believe Hamilton will take the title. I stay with my original comment, Lewis will handle the pressure and be able to dig deeper when it really counts, though it will go down to the last GP. What more could we ask for other than reliability.

I have a habit of not winning whenever I place a bet. I've just put a tenner on Nico to win the championship. Make of that what you will.
I always lose sports bets so at the beginning of the season I put $50 on Nico winning Championship-I hope my streak continues

Well I think this is going to nail it for Nico. Bar a disaster the championship will be his. This will go down as the year of the number 2 drivers with Kimi probably beating Seb in the championship too.

Hamilton lost the championship on poor starts as much as he has on engines.

Barring a disaster, its Nico's to lose. Hamilton may have more pace but he cant get off the line at the start of the race. People keep saying that Hamilton has the mental edge but I dont think he does. IMO, Hamilton is totally in his own head because his starts are so bad and knows that no matter how fast he is, it doesnt matter if he cant get off the line.
At this point, Nico doesnt need to beat Lewis in order to win it, he just needs to finish 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom