Which team will Fernando Alonso be with next season?

Mezzer99 said:
Brogan said:
So after all the rumour and speculation he ended up signing a 2 year extension to his current deal at Renault [SOURCE].

I suspect this was due to several factors; a) There weren't that many options available to him if he wanted to be in a position to compete next year and b) The Renault has improved so much towards the end of the season that there's a good chance it can be in the mix with McLaren, Ferrari and BMW next year.
That will depend of course on how well Renault incorporate the new season changes onto their car.

Agreed, but a key factor is also that Renault achieved the 'at least 4th in WCC' criteria of his contract so he would have to buy his way out rather than just walk away
Good point.
I had forgotten about that.
I suppose he didn't want to do a Jenson :D

the Renault was looking pretty good at the end of the year, the team should be patting itself on the back, they made huge leaps throughout the year.
Agreed.
They finished the season very strongly.

Joking aside, if Renault and Toyota really are unsure about their future in the sport this has not been a very good day for Formula One... :disappointed:

It's been an even worse one for Honda though... LOL

Brawn GP?

Barrichello is not getting any younger and I'm sure Ross Brawn would want to acquire the best driver in F1!

Brawn tried and failed signing him first time round (Honda days) and maybe now he will try and sign Alonso again?

GO ALONSO!

Back
Top Bottom