Which 7 other races would you want BBC to have?

Jos the Boss

Champion Elect
Thanks to this general lunacy from Bernie 'I can make millions out of this' Ecclstone BBC only has 10 races and they have chosen Monaco, Silverstone and The last race which gives 7 left, which 7 would you have?
For me it would be:
1. Spa
2. Interlagos
3. Suzuka
4. Canada
5. Australia
6. Monza
7. Singapore

Don't even want to be writing this as this scenario should never of happened but Whats your 7?
To quote Stephen Fry its going to be Formula .5 instead of F1

The 10 races should be:
Britain
Monaco
Brazil
Australia
Belgium
Italy
Canada
USA (New Track!)
Singapore
Japan

(Or preferably, all of them)

Imagine if the BBC came up with this:

Spain
Europe
Bahrain
Abu Dhabi
Malaysia
Hungary
Germany
China
Korea
India

surely they're just going to take the European season right? much cheaper for them.

So....

Spain
Monaco
Valencia
Britain
Germany
Hungary
Belgium
Italy

then shove the first race of the year - Australia and last Brazil.

If they're trying to save cash that makes the most logical sense with sending people round the world.

Like I said in the other thread. I'm now forced into being a 'watch it when I catch it fan' from 2012 so frankly it doesn't really matter what other races they'll deem fit to grace us with. You bet your bottom dollar/pound(of)flesh that Sky will ensure that they get the pick of the other 'usually decent' races left. I'm betting Catalunya and Valencia will be on the BBC's schedule.

In "the old days", there were "originating rights", this concerned the broadcasting of a home GP, if the BBC covered the British GP they allowed it free of costs to all other companies that also incurred originating costs and those companies returned the favour, a simple and fair way to do business but not good for Ecclestones deep pockets.

Luckily my neighbour has Sky Sports, but what I'm more interested in is who is going to do the pre- and post-race analysis.

If they recruit the BBC crew, it will only be a matter of time before they say 'and welcome to BBC's ... I mean Sky Sports' coverage of the 2011 Formula 1 Season'

And to answer the original question the ten Grands Prix I would have on the BBC would be:

Australia
Britain
Belgium
Italy
Japan
Korea
Brazil
USA
Canada
Abu Dhabi if last race, India if it isn't.

Like I said in the other thread. I'm now forced into being a 'watch it when I catch it fan' from 2012 so frankly it doesn't really matter what other races they'll deem fit to grace us with. You bet your bottom dollar/pound(of)flesh that Sky will ensure that they get the pick of the other 'usually decent' races left. I'm betting Catalunya and Valencia will be on the BBC's schedule.

Why would Sky Sports care? Aren't they broadcasting all of the races? Anyway, I imagine the BBC wouldn't be that stupid and not choose the races to broadcast...

You'll soon know if the BBC are the junior partner in all of this if they get Valencia as one of the 10. Surely no one in their right mind who knows anything about sport at the BBC....... Oh wait, bugger :givemestrength:

The BBC will proberbly get all the far east races and Bernie will make them race at 1 pm local time so they will be on at 5 in the morning in the UK.

Imagine the worst case scenario. That'll likely be it. Valencia, Korea, Bahrain etc.

Seeing as Sky have knocked us on our asses, it would only seem fitting to kick us in the balls:unsure:

Presumably when there are back-to-back races, that would provide an easy opportunity for BBC to select one and omit the other.
For 2011, the double-headers were:
Malaysia-China (keep China)
Spain-Monaco (Monaco already chosen - damn, we're stuck with Spain)
Germany-Hungary
Japan-Korea

For 2012, the provisional calender suggests the following:
Australia-Malaysia
Valencia-Silverstone (Ahh, shame, Valencia goes)
Germany-Hungary
Japan-Korea
Abu Dhabi-Bahrain (got to be Bahrain out)
USA-Brazil (inaugural USA GP out? - suggestion's not working at all)

Agree with Jos' choices. Not a fan of Silverstone and Abu Dhabi but acknowledge that a lot of people in Britain will want to see the home race, and Abu Dhabi is the finale. The other 8 are pretty spot on as well, although the new United States GP could be brilliant.

Remember we won't get ANY qualifing at all so that changes my opinion of what I really would want to watch. As much as it is a fan favourite I wouldn't choose monza. You can usually watch the first lap then know the final result. Qualifying in Monza was more exciting for me anyway. unless it rains of course. Anyway,
Australia (Bahrain is a terrible opener)
Monaco
Silverstone
Indian (I am curious)
Spa
Canada
Brazil
Singapore
Japan
Germany/ Korea (not sure if Korea is good in the dry)

Back
Top Bottom