Where will Webber be come 2013?

Where will Webber be come 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I see no reason why Webber should be anywhere other than Red Bull. He seems to fit in well, and providing he is getting results which the team are happy with, I can see him staying. Although I would add, I think that this silly season is going to be a very interesting one, as there are a few key postions which are still not sorted for next year, and I think that timing, and holding of nerves is going to be the name of the game!!

I don't think there is a driver in motorsport who fits into the 'Red Bull' brand than Mark Webber. Mountain biking through an Australian desert just because? Very Red Bull, very Mark Webber.

teabagyokel
Well Webber is 35 years old not 25 years old which is the difference if you want to market your brand towards young adults who love a bit of thrill plus he is not one of Helmut's driver product

Even DC when he drove for Red Bull had to convince them that his experience was more valuable than having Klein or Liuzzi in one of the other cars thanks to Horner putting in a good word for him back in 2005

I still think DC was forced to quit because of rumours that Vettel would get promotion into Red Bull for 2009

Webber says he gets on with Dietrich and deals with him directly which annoys the hell out of Helmut . That is his trump card but were Hamilton to be available on the market it would be a daft thing for Red Bull not to sign him given his marketing appeal with a celebrity girlfriend as well

One thing in Webbers favour is that there is no new Vettel in the wings at Toro Rosso. Ricciardo hasnt done much and I think Vergne has made an impact for all the wrong reasons.

Red Bull will want to keep him on just to keep a level of consistency in the team once Vettel moves on.

Toro Rosso must feel (let's not say stupid), disappointed shall we say, for dropping both their previous drivers. Not only have they slipped back from the rest of the midfield after having a good car in the first two races, they've slipped into the clutches of Caterham.

With their last two drivers, the development was great, the team was growing, the drivers had contrasting fortunes, but still finished similar to each other.

Can't say I've seen much from their current two drivers to say much about them, apart from Vergne in Malaysia, staying out in intermediates and keeping the car on track, while others on full wets going off and spinning.

Don't think neither of Riccardo or Vergne will replace Webber.

But if they kept the last two, I think we would have seen an eventual replacement for the Webster.

Slyboogy Buemi and Alguersari were just like Ricciardo and Vergne are now when they first started with Toro Rosso. However come a few seasons and they were both looking like potential replacements for Webber. I think if you give Ricciardo and Vergne another season or two they will be there, and the Red Bull guys are smart and should know that their drivers aren't going to be ready yet. I think this hints at Red Bull looking to keep Webber for another season or two and then promoting an STR driver.

Hm..maybe this should be moved to another thread.

But during their first seasons, they did impress many from the get go, and improved later on. So far, I don't think the other two have been in the same league, despite one driver having half a season last year to come to terms with Formula 1.

Yes, they do need time, just like how the last two needed time, along with Grosjean, and Maldonado. But I think they got shoved in too early, especially Vergne, which was a very surprising move, since they have no benchmark, apart from a driver who's race half a season.

Slyboogy

Webber is enjoying this season more and forgot he was 2nd in the championship having been nowhere in the race and helped by the SC and a spate of retirements after qualifying 18th

However the DARK LORD Helmut Marko still lurks in the Red Bull background and he already stated Riccardo and Vergne were fighting to be Vettel's teammate ...only for Webber to hit back and say I want to drive beyond 2013 !

Riccardo and Vergne have disappointed lately but unlike Vettel the team is getting less resources from Red Bull in terms of money and having to design its own chassis not use Newey's one

But Riccardo actually showed good quali at Bahrain and was 4th this race before pitting

Vergne has struggled from a lack of testing and not getting the miles under his belt like Riccardo did .

Should Hamilton be on the market , Red Bull would be daft not to sign him despite what is being said by Horner

THink of Lewis managed by Simon Fuller who have that entertainment image Red Bull likes plus the pop star girlfriend. Lewis fits Red Bull's image

as for keeping Webber ..much to the annoyance of Helmut !

Unless one of the Toro Rosso boys ups their game I can see Red Bull keeping Mark on for another season. The turn around compared to last has been pretty dramatic. It will be interesting to see where he finishes in the Championship.

It has been confirmed that Webber is staying at Red Bull for next season, although he did have talks with Ferrari.

RED BULL RACING CONFIRM MARK WEBBER FOR 2013

We’re delighted to announce that Mark Webber’s contract has been extended for another year, meaning the Australian, who won the British Grand Prix on Sunday for a second time, will continue to drive for the Team in 2013.
http://www.pressreleasemanager.co.uk/viewPressRelease.asp?ID=59FECA75-68B9-48D5-BDBE-0573CE00B24F

I'm sure this means Hamilton will stay at McLaren as he really has no other options and Massa's contract will be extended. That should be the end of next years musical chairs before the game even started. :)

Bout time this was sorted. But TBH I'm a little disappointed as i was looking forward to an Alonso/Webber partnership :( that was rumoured.

Hamilton likely to sign on again at Mclaren? Or could he be Mercedes bound? Don't think Schumacher will be around next season, think he'll be given a scouting for German talent job for Mercedes.

I wonder if MW had finished 3rd... and SV had won on the weekend past whether we would have seen a deal so soon...:whistle:

Perhaps simply delaying the inevitable...

That wooshing sound you just heard was a F.Massa (patent pending) sigh of relief...:birthday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom