Where will Webber be come 2013?

Where will Webber be come 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pits I was only responding to HammydiRestarules post and didn't mean to go off topic but my argument still stands Webber is not the main player in the F1 drivers market place, which this thread seems to suggest.

Webber may not be the main player but the seat he occupies is certainly one which many drivers will covert and his, and Red Bull's, decisions will have a massive influence on the driver market for 2013. Personally I believe if he does leave (for wherever) Red Bull will promote a junior driver to justify the massive investment made in their young driver program.

Personally I think if Webber were to leave this year we would see a Hamilton/Vettel combination in 2013. RedBull simply could not allow for the possibility of starting the 2014 season without a top rated driver.

Saying this I don't think webber will leave, I don't think Hamilton will leave. The moves will all happen this time next year

From the man himself.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100504 Mark Webber says his future with Red Bull Racing will be decided entirely by results - and the better he does the more likely he is to stay.
Despite the Australian being strongly linked with a seat at Ferrari for 2013 on the back of some strong race showings this season, Webber believes there is every chance he will not even talk to other teams outside his current employers if he keeps doing well.
Webber has also insisted that he has not had any discussions with Ferrari about a deal for next year, despite ongoing rumours that he is in the frame.
"There's been nothing up to now," he said. "I have no offers from Ferrari. I know people were talking a lot about that, at least until Felipe [Massa] had a good weekend in Monte Carlo. But if it was all true, then Ferrari would need to field eight cars next year! That's not possible, as there are just two cars.

Webber...much like Mansell has to think everyone is against him to get the best out of him..he's closer to Vettel this season...the only person who will seriously force Webber out and he has been trying for the last two years is Helmut Marko

Webber would be happy to make way for Ricciardo who is a fellow Aussie and his protege

I believe he would be happy to have a 1 year deal with Ferrari for mega bucks as he is not one of the more higher paid drivers on the grid.so one last hurrah

it makes sense if Ferrari want Vettel in 2014 to get Webber as a stop gap

Had me a bit of a chuckle at the headline "Domenicalli sure Alonso and Vettel could coexist at Ferrari".

Well whatever else I'm sure they can at least COEXIST, :D

Vettel does have a pre contract for Ferrari for 2014.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18524133
Which may make Red Bull keener to sign Hamilton , which may mean Webber has to move.The speculation by Hughes(even before this precontract was openly admitteda) was the Vettel may have signed it on Bernie's recommendation in case Renault and Mercedes leave over the engin e rules...that would leave ferrari with a huge engine advantage over the other teams.....AND two of the top three drivers!

We don't know whether Vettelhas a pre-contract agreement with Ferrari for 2014. All we know is that the BBC have claimed he did. Which doesn't make it fact, especially so considering Horner maintains he is under contract for 2014.

Incubus Perfectly true.Just another "inside" sources report from Benson.
Even if Vettel has a "pre contract" it has little meaning.Its not binding on him or Ferrari.

Jean Alesi somehow managed to land himself in one fine mess when he signed pre-contract arrangements for Ferrari, Williams, McLaren and Tyrrell the 1991 season! LOL

Well thats contrary to all I've read about it. Two sources that Hughes has used before from Ferrari and never found to give incorrect information.
"..confirms that Alonso would have no problem with Seb joining him, but that, in contrast to what I (Hughes) suggested here a couple of weeks ago, he absolutely would not countenance lewis hamilton alongside him"
another
" Do not underestimate how much clout Fernando carries. Im not saying he's the team principal, but I would say his influence is close to that .".

So Alonso may say "Not a problem" to the press but insiders know different.

I've just seen on the BBC that Alonso does not mind Hamilton or Vettel as the final decision is down to Luca

I remember Raikkonen having a similar contract in 2005 for 2007

We're not half way into the season and the silly season has started

if I was Webber I would take the Ferrari drive because he is facing the same speculation each year at Red Bull and if he has a few bad races Helmut will be barking about replacing him and getting Hamilton in the other car

It seems strange to hear Mclaren apparently cannot afford to compete financially with Red Bull , Ferrari and Mercedes if it goes down to money and Santander would happily leave Mclaren if he went to Ferrari

----------------------------------------------------------------

Webber to Ferrari interesting in that he does not care about the politics but would use it to fire himself up and give Alonso some grief if he started beating him...how would Flavio manage the two of them would be interesting as the peacemaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom