Television Whats on TV?

very pleased to day. was in HMV looking for something for my nieces birthday & spending some money from my birthday & found this gem. for me 1 of the most underrated comedy series.

20200818_234308.jpg

ended up watching 'the bridge' as i was watching itv 25 Britain's favourite detectives. that show was part of it & looked quite good. so found it on bbc. its living upto hype despite it being over 8 yrs old

nice bonus that the female police officer is quite attractive. but character played is uunintentionally funny. 1 line she was asked my male police partner "oh this is the good writer, you talked about". she replied "i never said he was good. i said he was entertaining"

in 2nd she goes to a bar, finds a guy if he wants to have sex at her flat. has sex, once he's finished. without saying a thing she rolls over falls asleep. then she wakes up a few hrs later. gets her laptop starts reviewing the victims graphic cut in half images. the guy wakes up. sees this, is terrified & nearly sick LOL despite her telling him. i work for the police. he cant wait to leave. he get dressed, leaves she completely misreads all this & like this the most normal thing. goes back to looking at the evidence LOL

Last edited:

got to love the outrage on the story from this morning. of alex scott taking over on question of sport. the irony is we know that in 1997, the same people defending sue barker, would be the people attacking her saying "BBC & their quotas replacing david coleman with a woman :rolleyes: "

Just finished binge watching Breaking Bad, how did I miss it the first time? Now working through Better call Saul. Thoroughly enjoyable.

The Pits - El Camino is a great continuation of some of the loose ends of Breaking Bad...

I love the way Better Call Saul is suffiently understated - to take account of the fact that they can’t go too extreme, as none of the characters have really reached anywhere near their nadir (or haven’t met Walter White yet!)

The Queen's Gambit is well worth a watch, even if you don't play chess.
Love playing chess even though I'm pretty rubbish at it. Is it just a chess reference in the title or is their some chess based plot?

i think the queens gambit is a move in chess
Yeah, it's an opening move. White Queen's pawn to D4. Black Queen's pawn to D5. White Queen's Bishop Pawn to C4. Black can either accept the gambit with D5xC4 or decline the gambit by usually Kings pawn to E6.

It's the opening I most often use.

My question was more about the content of the program.

Yeah, it's an opening move. White Queen's pawn to D4. Black Queen's pawn to D5. White Queen's Bishop Pawn to C4. Black can either accept the gambit with D5xC4 or decline the gambit by usually Kings pawn to E6.

It's the opening I most often use.

My question was more about the content of the program.

i seen the trailor & i quite liked it

Back
Top Bottom