Television Whats on TV?

F1Yorkshire

Avatar for sale to the highest bidder
Contributor
I've noticed a couple of threads for dedicated TV programs but I've not spotted a general what are we watching or what is worth a look thread.

I've recently got into Homeland, it was recommended to me so I downloaded the 1st series and ended up spending an extremely late night/morning/afternoon watching the whole lot.

It's an excellent and gripping series and looking forward to Sunday's episode.

As my bodyclock has been knocked out of sync with that Homeland marathon I now seem to be awake all night and with nothing on the box at this time of night I have found more boxsets to watch and keep myself occupied.

I'm currently watching Spartacus: Blood & Sand. It's not as high quality as Game of Thrones but the cinematography is very similar to 300 with heaps more sex and violence. It's definitely not one to watch with the kids, while it doesn't tax the brain it's enjoyable to watch. And it's got Xena the Warrior princess in it too!

Anything else caught your eye worth watching?

I like my comedy. A laugh after work helps me unwind.

Currently watching in order of funniness : Miranda, Red Dwarf X, QI XL

Some series are always recorded when on in our house : Supernatural (for the wife), Blue Bloods (good quality New York police drama with Magnum PI as the chief of police), Spartacus (all the series and last one coming soon), Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Borgias, Game of Thrones.

For the less serious you can't beat The Big Bang Theory, but have noticed it is more geeks that enjoy it as we recognise something of ourselves in the characters.

I watched Arrow recently and seems to be a decent Superhero series. A lot darker than the hero portarit in Smallville. Worth to watch, not fkawless but what is in TV these days...

Ah, forgot I had recorded arrow this wek, been awa from home all week so not had a chance to watch it yet. Is it worth it or should I just hit the delete button?

As a 'girl', my favourites are Strictly, The Paradise, Downton Abbey, Great British Food Revival, Merlin, Who Do you Think You Are and News 24. All are on record.

The latter tells me what is going on and the rest allow me to vegetate - at my age, I don't need more excitement than the natural world offers :)

Ah, forgot I had recorded arrow this wek, been awa from home all week so not had a chance to watch it yet. Is it worth it or should I just hit the delete button?

Ehhh it's ok. Seems to borrow a few themes from Batman but that is to be expected following the success of the Nolan trio films, my only problem with it currently is the diabolical accuracy of the bad guy's guns...

I'm currently watching Sons of Anarchy, it's different from a lot of shows yet the acting is fantastic and Charlie Hunnam does the best American accent ever. Dexter has also raised the bar yet again... :)

I watched a film on the tv last night I think it was on BBC 1 it was called "What a dead wonderful life" I think and it was bloody brilliant I loved it....

I watched Arrow recently and seems to be a decent Superhero series. A lot darker than the hero portarit in Smallville. Worth to watch, not fkawless but what is in TV these days...

Yeah I've recorded that too. Will have to see if it measures up.

Did anyone watch "The British"? 7 Part documentary series on Sky Atlantic charting British history for the last 2000 years.

I was going to but I saw the pre-show blurb and it mentioned something about "re-enactments", "CGI" and other nonsense so I make a point of never watching programs like that.

Documentary, fine.
Dumbed down, tarted up crap for the masses, no thanks.

Just watched "Dr Who at the Proms" - absolutely stunning and well worth a watch on BBC I-player, especially if you are a Who fan!

An incredible series elevated over fifty years by superb writing, acting and composition - worlds away from the original and now encompassing politics, philosophy and morality.

This is grown-up, if you want it to be!

Maybe so, but if you really want to watch something, just hunt through the 100 odd channels and something will pop up! Perseverance is everything is this world.

I've been watching Kojak on ITV4 recently. It usually starts between 2.45 & 3.00 every weekday afternoon. (The time can vary from time to time). As I'm currently between jobs, I have the opportunity to indulge in some Kojak-time. :D

For a series from the early 1970's, I think it's bloody brilliant! Excellent story-lines and the acting is great.
Telly Savalas is class.:)

------ ------ ------​

When arranging a meeting, a female friend of a 'perp' asked of Kojak; "You got the claws for that, pussy cat?"

With a knowing look, Kojak replied; "Who loves ya, baby?"

Last edited:
I was watching some comedy store thing last night and there was an American comedian on, why is it that when they tell a joke they then go on to either enphasise the crap out of the punch line or add some other comment to explain the joke? All this does is completely kill the joke stone dead.

I do understand jokes I don't need them explaining to me or ramming down my throat...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom