Television Whats on TV?

In answer to the title of this thread.

**** ALL

Edit

Well there is, but what I really meant to say is.

THERE IS **** ALL ON THE BBC...........................................

Last edited:
Brogan I got to watch the first three episodes of 12 Monkeys in the US before coming home, it actually delivers on the first episode promise for those episodes so I am hoping it keeps up through the whole season....

Let's play darts for comic relief.

Funniest thing I've seen on TV for a while.

(don't expect too many of you will agree)

So thats Saturday a write off then :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 13.43.03.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 13.42.33.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 13.41.59.png

One for the ladies and the more intelligent male - "Suffragettes Forever"

A truly enlightening programme which astounded me - I thought I knew about female suffrage but this 3 part series was a real eye-opener.

For instance, was anyone aware that women were not routinely awarded degrees until 1948? They could study at University and take the exams, but didn't get the certificate or the letters after their name. Just one little snippet that might help to understand the feminist cause.

Only available on iPlayer - episode 1 was first broadcast on 25 Feb 2015 and available for 20 days, so only a few days left

One for the ladies and the more intelligent male

Not just the more intelligent ladies then? Surely, one for everyone would be a better statement. What has intelligence got to do with the male awareness of female sufferance? Is there a certain IQ level a man needs to achieve before being allowed to watch a program of historical significance?

Not just the more intelligent ladies then? Surely, one for everyone would be a better statement. What has intelligence got to do with the male awareness of female sufferance? Is there a certain IQ level a man needs to achieve before being allowed to watch a program of historical significance?

If I couched it in 'unacceptable terms', I can only apologise profusely. Try watching the series and you may understand why I did so. Even in this modern world women are still 'put in their place' on a regular basis - just check out the sentiment immediately above this!

Edit: I just noticed that you already have.

Last edited:
Profuse apology excepted. I just felt it was unnecessary and devalued your very valid point.

I've just spent the last four days studying employment law culminating today, in a mock tribunal where I had to defend a female employee who had been made redundant and claimed unfair dismissal on the grounds of sexual discrimination. I won.

Well done.

But it isn't just about employment laws, is it? If you're really interested I can give you a whole list of other inequalities, just let me know!

I wouldn't doubt it, but what I am talking about is far wider than marital dynamics.

Which to my mind should be a totally fair 50/50 partnership, BTW!

There are inequalities everywhere we look Jen. I've just driven to an Asda Supermarket, and driving around a large roundabout with a car park in the middle of it, noticed a group of homeless people gathered around for the night. Shoving lists around isn't going to make a difference. The best we can do is our best to do our bit to eliminate it where ever we can. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard.

Oops, I meant eliminate inequality. Not the most effectively written paragraph I've ever produced, I'll admit.

:D

Back
Top Bottom